Friday, March 04, 2005

so my work's "yearlies" were tonight. it was a showcase of some of the work we've done in the past year. showed a few commercials, and movies that we did visual effects for.. the day after tomorrow and i, robot. also the trailer for stealth. it was exciting.. probably would have been better if the volume was turned higher... and indicated by the people near me yelling "volume!!" "crank it!!" but it seemed fun. i bet it is really exciting for other artist to see the work, because they're the ones who can really appreciate and know exactly how much work and effort it takes. or for you to see your work up there, with fellow co-workers. hmm.. i can't wait until next years so that i can be like "i remember when they were working on that project!"

beth came and my parents came plus one friend. beth was supposed to come for the 7pm showing and my parents the 8pm, but because of the mess of parking situation and the sucky security guard, beth had to stick around until 8pm. we ate food, chit chatted and waited for my parents to show and then i had to try juggling hosting my parents at my new job and entertaining my friend beth. i showed them my kick ass desk that i work at. haha.. i keep meaning to take pictures to post it.. but i keep forgetting. my mom was like "you want to take pictures??" but there was too many people around so i didn't feel like embarassing myself too much.

thanks A LOT to beth and my parents for coming, i hope it was fun and not too geeky or boring and not a complete waste of your early friday night. i do really appreciate you showing support.. even if you had no interest in it at all, or that i was a brat about it :P i hope you had a good time!! and if not.. at least you got some free food and beer.

No comments: