Wednesday, November 09, 2005

lately i have become really desensitized to smells. i can't decide whether this is a good thing or bad thing only because i don't want to lose one of my senses, but at the same time i don't want to have to suffer through all the horrific scents.

they are doing a lot of remodeling work at my work, so painting, wood staining, etc etc etc.. lots and lots of chemicals. people complain about paint fumes and the smell and what not and then ask me 20 times a day if it bothers me. i honestly don't really notice it, and never really thought it was that bad in the first place. i'm not sure if the fumes have already killed off all my brain cells that tell me to mind the paint fumes, but really.. it's not a problem.

today it's raining, and being in the lovely location we are in i guess everytime it rains in affects the sewers and our work starts to smell like a cess pool. mmm.. yummy. for a little while i was like "man.. what is that smell?.. gross" and it smelled like a stink bomb or something. more so when people would open the door. 20 minutes later or so.. it's all back to normal and i don't even smell anything, although i now have a flood of emails in my box complaining about the smell, people walking by asking me "what's for lunch" because they think it's bad catering, or who knows what else. i can't even smell it anymore... isn't that a bad sign? i mean.. good for me because i'm just like "whatever".. but maybe people will start to think that i'm crazy or that maybe it's me that smells (under the you can't smell it because you're used to it rule).

anyways.. just thought that was an interesting tidbit.

ps.. i'm SO unprepared for the rain today. i didn't realize it was raining until i was already in my car leaving the house. since i was already running late, there was no time to go back and change or even grab an umbrella. boo. i'm wearing open toed high heels and khakis instead of the jeans, sneakers and hooded sweatshirt that is normal rainy day attire. dang it. lucky for me there was a lost and found umbrella from the last time it rained that no one has claimed... it has been my savior. funny enough people have been complementing me about how it matches my outfit. haha.. now i'm one of those annoying girls who "has to" look cute no matter what the weather. oops.

No comments: