Friday, June 16, 2006

i think i need to just give up on my quest for my pretty pink razr :(

i found a store that had some left, and then i kind of hesitated because of the price, and now that i'm like "screw it i'm gonna buy it" they didn't have any left. i balked at the $289 price and got a 25% discount and kind of had the attitude of "pink razr or bust" ... so yesterday i went in prepared to spend $240 to replace my phone.. and then they were out. BOO. so maybe it wasn't "meant to be" - if you believe in that stuff. sometimes i do i guess.. although i can't really see what the "meant to be" of having my phone stolenn is. to teach me a lesson? who knows.

i called a ton of verizon and circuit city/verizon stores and no luck with the pink razr. a few "hmm.. let me checks" but no dice. i think it's a "sign" my sister told me to call some orange county stores, but for gas money - i might as well just buy it on ebay - and the price is like $250-$350... then i realized, that's roughly 30% or more of my rent money. and along with these $2000 editing classes i am taking - money that i thought i had is quickly dwindling. spending a huge chunk of money on a phone doesn't seem like such a wise idea ... but boy did that phone make me so happy :(

i need to be okay with this decision though.. and maybe when the new version of the razr comes out and they make that in pink maybe i'll blow my cash on that.. when my expenditures have balanced themselves out a little bit. for now i think i might go back to using my very broke LG phone, so if you can't hear me, you know why. it does come with an ez tip calculator though.. i do like that.

so yea.. if you have a pink phone or a razr (of any color), don't use it around me, i'm likely to either steal it (a la march of penguins desperate mother mode) or take it and throw it against a wall.

No comments: