Thursday, July 10, 2008

when did being an "adult" get so expensive? not that i'm an adult at all, but i'm trying to "adultify" myself. well at least by look of my stuff. i like a clean chic modern style. i bought new nice bed sheets and a duvet cover. and i ordered prints to decorate my apartment so it's not just bare walls and my talking homer simpson clock. i probably spent about $150 or so buying the prints, and then i still have to buy the frames. man... wanting pretty things is expensive

you know also comes with "adult"hood? work. and that BLOWS. this is my 4th week on the job and everyday this week i've left at 1am. oh wait, today i left at 2am. like whoa. i'm not complaining, i'm just saying - when did my life become like this, and why, and is it always going to be this way? and when did all my friends start being workaholics too? here are some good "job" conversations

duckee: i'm in trouble.
Jean: ?
duckee: i'm in "i'm here too much" trouble.
duckee: and i can't leave this place like this
duckee: it looks like dd just fucking puked on my desk
duckee: AGAIN
Jean: hahahahah
Jean: yea.
Jean: i look like that sometimes.
duckee: i wanna shoot myself
Jean: ooh ooh
Jean: shoot me first
duckee: except i'm not the problem, so i wanna shoot other people
Jean: meeeeee.
duckee: hahahah



justjohn: you at work?
Jean: yes
justjohn: me too
justjohn: sucks
Jean: i was here until 1am yesterday.. and i'll probably be here for the next 2 days
Jean: i've turned into you.
justjohn: it sucks so bad doesn't it


duckee: so are you living there now?
duckee: did you bring you sleeping bag and your hello kitty pillow?


Jean: are you really still at work too?
luvr: I'm leaving in a sec
Jean: oh.. well that's no fun
luvr: Are you at work?
Jean Huang: yes.
luvr: I wish I were saving children, because I'd have saved a lot of them by now. Instead I am re-writing re-writes of scripts

oh.. and then there's my dad:

dad: are you still at work?
me: yes
dad: poor jean. you're stupid, i told you not to do this job. you get paid less, you don't get over time, you have no holidays or vacation or sick days, and you won't have a job in five months.
me: yea, i know
dad: although, if you lost some weight because of this job, then that would make it worth it

umm.. thanks dad.

:)

No comments: