Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So.. a quick blog. I haven't been very good at updating while I've been gone - but that just means I've been busy out doing stuff!! Plus and then there's the whole I'd like to make it exciting add pictures and that take time, and I'm not always around the computer - so there ya go. Last week I went to Hong Kong and Shanghai and didn't bring my computer, plus didn't really have internet anyway, so there was that. And the day after tomorrow I'm leaving!! Yikes! How did a month pass by so quickly. I've been contemplating staying a little longer, row in a dragon boat race or something, but I think I should maybe get a life... figuratively, of course. Or at least stop being a drain on the people here as they have their lives to attend to. Although I've been pretty good about stimulating Taiwan's economy.

Leaving in a little over 48 hours definitely adds a slight sense of urgency to everything that I want to do, but hopefully I will cram it all in, and it won't be another 3 years before I return. But my sister keeps threatening me with that fact. (Is $100 worth it to stay longer? Plus all the money I'll spend here and then the excess baggage fees?!) haha. I like life here, mostly because it's simple be cause I have no responsiblities here. No parents to have to answer to, no real bills to pay, no daily drama, no job... haha. But it does get a tad bit lonesome when I pass by the wine bar or the whisky gallery and want to go in but have no one to go with, or no real income to support a drinking habit. It's been a good run, but the asian in me is thinking that I need some structure in my life (how sad am I?) But I am excited to hang out with Jaymie who's moving to London soon (*sniff), Angelee who's coming down for the 10 year HS Reunion (scary), eating with anyone who will meet me @ Open Sesame, catching up on the 307 hours of TV I've missed (any of you ruin it for me I WILL SHANK YOU), and seeing everyone back in the place that I call home. I don't feel like it's been that long, so I don't think that I've really been "missed" because it's like any other long period of time where you just don't have time to hang out, so you know.. you just go about your life. I feel like everyone has just done that. Dorina's probably the only person (oh.. and Brennan) who it's most noticeable for. But apparently they just went to Mexico, so I might have to stay away for 7 more days just to see if she develops a fever. She's got a bad immune system, that one.

I'm excited to have my iPhone back in full force, reunion with my car, possible (hopefully!) run-ins with neighbor guy, working on projects (MAKE ME DO IT) and maybe even finding some work that will be good for me. But enough on home.

Things to do before I go:

1. Mister Donut
2. More KFC Egg Tarts
3. Mos Burger
4. Little Shanghai Dumplings
5. Visit Grandma
6. Night of debaucheressness @ Room 18?
7. Taroko National Park (yay!)
8. Pack
9. Clean up Apt.
10. Find yellow umbrella
11. Yong Kang Jie?
12. mmm.. anything else? cut hair again? trim bangs? buy more purses?! (am I too good for fake Marc Jacobs?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For your information, my uncle said my face needs to be rid of "baby fat". Therefore, I'm now improving my immune system by eating slightly healthier... slightly.

Jean said...

It's okay.. my dad said I can only stay in Taiwan if I lose 20lbs.