Friday, September 11, 2009

In LA, I forget how closely related regular life and the entertainment industry can be. That sounds really stupid, cuz you know... I'm freaking in it. But with that said, it's kind of just like "normal life" for me. Which also sounds stupid and spoiled... I'm sorry. Also add in the fact that I still get all star struck and nervous around celebrities, and have a hard time behaving myself. But a friend of mine works for a ex-boyband member, I've sat in rooms with major film stars and watched TV events being filmed, my sister has shared beef noodle soup with uber hotness male celebs and when some dude in a bar says "oh I f*cked [every nerd boy dream's favorite movie star]'s daughter" our friend says, "oh, you mean my sister?" And yet, while I'm still so close to it. I'm still so far away.

The other day there was a shoot of some sort going on in the parking lot behind the laundromat/market across the street. I really wanted to walk over and be like "Hey! Do you need help? I'm awesome!" but it doesn't quite work that way either. My friend tells me that I need to put myself more in positions where I am vunerable... and sure, rejection sucks, but it happens and then you move on, right? Anyways.. that's not the point of this particular blog. The point of this one is that I was having lunch with a friend of mine and she was telling me a story about meeting her neighbors. She had met all different family members, but not the actual woman who lived there. And one day she finally does and they get to talking and my friend says, yea... she's like an actress on this show.. umm.. How I Met Your Mother? To steal Andrea's words and use a phrase I'm not sure what it means but seems appropriate... OMGWTFBBQ. That is one of my all time freaking FAV.OR.ITE. shows. I really think I might just start camping out in my friend's front lawn. Like that's not creepy. Can I just hand them my resume and be like "oh hey... umm.. can you get me a job on your show?" Could the world just work like that for once? *sigh.

If I go missing, check the local jails, because I might get arrested for stalking.

1 comment:

joanh said...

maybe you need to go barhopping more often or those hotspots.. it's definitely about networking and connections sometimes unfortunately, but if they like you or know you....