Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I've recently thought that I should pimp myself out more. Not in real life, but on the internet. And not through eHarmony (not yet anyways), but through my blog. Once upon a time ago, my blog was huge to me. I'd write on it all the time, what I ate for lunch, who I talked to, how I did on my papers. Yea, I was that girl. And in my AIM profile, I'd have a link to my blog, with a cheesy quote from some MTV show and I thought I was so clever. I didn't get a bazillion comments, but I knew people were reading it, and people I didn't know were reading it, and people I knew, but not that well would read it. And for the most part, I was okay with that. I actually probably loved it. And then somewhere along the line, I thought that writing all about my life on the internet wasn't really my thing anymore, and I didn't want people to know about me. And then my MySpace blog took a little bit of precedent, and who knows, it just kind of tumbled into obscurity. Bloggity blog o' mine is starting to make a come back. Small at first, but hopefully later.. HUGE! (that's what she said).

This is also a little hard because I don't really know if this blog is going to have a clear cut theme. There are a million blogs out there, and people "need" a reason to want to read you. Food, fashion, technology, art, music, etc etc etc. I'm not really any one of those things, and even though there's TV in the title, I don't really talk about it that much (that would have actually been clever, Jean.) So then I'm stuck at a "what to do".

And I think the answer is maybe to just continue on, but better. And then maybe I'll find my niche naturally instead of trying to cram myself into one. I kind of like that I can read this blog and reminisce about things I did in a certain year or day. Or the fun stories, good pictures, or trips to look back on. Is that wrong? Is that not the right path to take? Am I not that interesting? I guess I'll find out... and until then, I'm debating how much I want to pimp myself out.

ps. Update on my friend, 42" Plasma: Philips customer service blows. I kind of expected it because that's what I had read on the interwebs. I also didn't expect it to be under warranty because it has been almost 3 years and I didn't purchase any plan of any kind. But I called them anyways and they told me that because it's an "older" model, they didn't so phone support, but only web support and to check their website. Which is pitiful. There's almost no help at all to be found on that site, unless you're a moron, and then maybe they can tell you how to put batteries in your remote. I bought my TV from Costco, and they sent me a "Concierge service" postcard. I called that number to see what they could do for me, they helped me troubleshoot and actually did get my TV to turn on! But then it failed again. So they're sending a service person out tomorrow to figure out how to fix my TV. And if they can't fix it, I'll probably get a replacement. And I asked how much it would cost me? $0. My size of TV qualifies for protection 4 years from purchase date, for free. Freaking. Love. Them. Like I need another reason to love Costco even more. But I do. All my TV's will now be purchased from Costco. There was a 62" that I had my eye on the other day when I walked in. :P

No comments: