Sunday, April 21, 2013

my moment of glory

Reader's Digest version for 2013 so far - I'm in New York.  Crazy times right?  I have always wanted to live in NYC, and I have always wanted to work on this particular type of project from start to finish, and boom - in 2013, both happened at the same time.  Ultimately I am lucky.  I was freezing my ass off and homesick as fuck in January and February, but I am lucky.

More stories or pictures to come (maybe) - but fast forward to last night.  To the momentous occasion.

I'm walking around the West Village (hey! I'm getting the location lingo down...) on a Saturday night and there are playing cards littered on the sidewalk.  My friend says "What card do you think that one is?"  I take a moment to think, mull over some options and choose Ace of Hearts.  He picks the 2 of Clubs, which coincidentally was my other choice, and we try to figure out some sort of prize should someone win, and that it's a draw when we both ultimately lose.  He uses his shoe to flip over the card - and BOOM, Ace of Hearts.  I look so money I can't even stand it.  I should bought a lottery ticket right at that moment - but glory is pretty priceless, so I'll go with that.

No comments: