Thursday, October 03, 2002

this has been such a weird/tiring/stressful week.. and it's only half over. yikes. well.. haha.. technically.. it's completely over for me..because i don't have classes thursday or friday! whoo!! wow.. how did i manage that? i don't even know.. but i know i pay for it the beginning of the week. hmm.. let's see. all fo my classes are really late, but because of circle k, i've had to go early. monday it was camptoons, tuesday and today it was korean bbq. so i get up way early.. go to school and whore myself out on library walk all day, and then go to a 3 hour class. fun huh? i swear.. i almost had a nervous breakdown in my car.. it was insane. the beginning of school is so stressful!! we're trying to organize things when things are the least organized, and trying to recruit members and convince everyone your club is better than any frat/sorority/club has to offer. with out 2.5 guys, nerdy girls, sakura, tanya and no alcohol policy. :) jk. anyways... so yeah.. it's been a busy week.. but my only comfort is that it'll all be over soon. i have just been way too stressed out trying to do too many things.. but whatevers.. i finally have my class schedule figured out... which is nice. 3 3-hour lectures that only meet once a week. it has it's up sides and down sides. i have no money though.. my rent was due on the 1st, and i haven't paid it yet, i can't afford to buy books, so i haven't been reading, and i have 3 assignments due next week, and i've figured out that i'm the purseholder of our apartment.

which brings me to another topic that i've been thinking about lately... about how i'm not really the "typical" college girl.. and how i could change, or if i want to be like that even. sometimes i feel so far behind everyone else, and so naive about things.. that sometimes i feel like i want to do things, not because i want to really do them, but just to know what everyone else is talking about, or to be able to say that i have. which is a shallow reason for everything.. i'm sure, but it makes me think, that these things that i do or do not do make me the type of person who i am.. and would i want to change that? or am i just sick of who i am and i want to "re-invent" myself. if only it was as easy as britney spears makes it seem. but at the same time.. even if i were to start trying new things... deep down inside.. i'm still that regular boring mousy girl who is uncomfortable out of her comfort zone.. so then what do i do?

yeah.... so that was a tangent that no one needs to read, but i felt like i wanted to say. i'm excited though because my sister said i'm going to get a new bed.. i'm getting a full size bed!! whoo hoo. i do feel like my current bed is a little too small for my big ass. and hopefully it'll be a little firmer so that my back doesn't groan at me anymore. but not too much that it's not enjoyable anymore. gotta find that happy medium. my sister is coming down to san diego for the asian film festival because her movie is in it. it's probably the first time in two years that i'll have seen her in san diego... even though she's not really coming to visit me. but it's kind of exciting..i want to go check out her hotel room. :) my weekend will be filled with cleaning my room, doing homework, doing circle k stuff and work. yikes.. but i do get to go out and play tomorrow night. i'm going to go see pete's band SheBlondeSwede play. haha.. even if my car breaks down.. i swear i'll be there!! and tonight i was watching dawson's creek. it was so sickingly disgusting (all the cutesy coupley dawson & joey romantic stuff), i couldn't even watch because i was going to cry. but then they ruined it with dawson having a girlfriend. but i think the absolute worst part was when he turned the whole thing around and blamed it on joey for "not knowing what she wants." how did that happen?!? geez.. i swear.. guys are such jerks. anyways.. i'll stop. i get to go to bed and not wake up until a decent hour like noon or something :) no more korean bbq!

No comments: