Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sundance #1:

Yay!! We’re here. We’re driving in the car to park city from salt lake. The flight here, though early, wasn’t too bad. We couldn’t get a direct flight so even before the butt crack of dawn my dad drove sakura, beth and I to the airport (thanks daddy!) where we met up with Shelby. Gosh a little mc donald’s hash browns (yum!) and waited to board.

(IT’S SNOWING!!)

we had an hour layover in vegas where I was surprised to see how close the strip to the airport – and excited to see they had slot machines in the airport.. haha.. and we followed sakura’s “hunch” and “feelings” to a certain section and after ups and downs I finally won $16!! Whoo!! I know.. small winnings, but it was a exciting start.

we’re driving into park city and going to pick up our tickets, get some food (starving!!), check into our hotel and then off to our first screening!! I want to pack so much stuff in… snowboarding, screenings, seeing the sights, parties, eating :P – but we’re only here for two days. It’s okay.. like all the websites say.. it doesn’t matter much what we do because we’re at sundance and “being at sundance rules all”

haha.. oh.. celebrity alert #1… rider strong (shawn from boy meets world) was on our plane. Beth saw him waiting at the airport but didn’t say anything because she thinks it’s rude… not that I wanted to harass him but I like to sit in my own little pool of giddiness. i’d like to think that I keep the obvious gawking and gaping to a minimum. I saw him while boarding the plane and later reveled with other passengers about the “celebrity” on our plane.. haha.. we’re such nerds…

No comments: