Tuesday, August 28, 2001

Aloha! I'm in Hawaii right now, but I'm soooo pooped, although I shouldn't be. I got PLENTY of sleep last night.. but I guess that was to make up for the lack of sleep in the past two three days before that. i feel like the last days i have been walking around here like I was sleep walking or something because I've been so absolutely tired. But here's the story of my life:
So I took a nap on the couch for like 30 minutes.. showered, finished packing, which was also followed by yelling from my dad about not leaving things until the last minute. Went to the airport, tried to manuever my way throw theheavy crowd and completely slow metal detector only to RUN down to the gate which was at the very END of the wing, while my dad picked up my bags, and finally got on the plane. It was nice because I discovered that no one was going to sit next to me, so I had two seats all to my self. A window AND an aisle... yay! So I ate this horrible eggs and potato breakfast, and tried to lay down in the two seats and sleep. I didn't recline my chairs, because the people behind me had the wall in front of them, and since I remember what that was like... I didn't recline. Nice huh? :P Anyways.. I kept sleeping and waking up, and finally landed in Hawaii. The water is soooo blue and clear, it's sooo gorgeous. Landed.. met up with Chris and Lisa, got leied. (yah yah.. yuck it up) Went to Zippy's (Hawaii's Denny's) and then back to Brandy's to "nap" Went to Catch of the Day for dinner which was this cute sushi place where all the sushi was going around on this actualy train, and you just take the ones you want off the train. Cute huh? Then we went back and planned out my two weeks... fun stuff.. mm.. And then I tried to sleep.. but crazy me.. I couldn't. So I stayed up.. bah.. slept at 6am!!
The next day I woke up at 8:30am. Went with Brandy, Chrissy and her mom to the North Shore. They have the best bay there called Waimea Bay where the sand is soooo white and the water is soooo blue and clear! It's great.. I wish I could have gone swimming in it.. but I didn't have my suit. But they were also playing a polo game in the water at the beach.. it was so cool! Anyways.. did a lot of shopping in the little surf shops. Ate Haleiwa Joe's and Matsumoto's "the best shaved ice in Hawaii" both very yummy. Came home, and "napped" again. Except this time I slept through dinner and woke up at like 4am this morning.
Today... we tried to go to a Key Club meeting, but the times got all mixed up so we missed it. We'll try again later this week, or next week. Then went to Ala Moana's (a mall) with Brandy. I felt really bad... I dragged her around to all these stores because I'm a super shopper, and she doesn't really care much for it. Sorry Brandy! Anyways.. I bought some cool stuff. Then came back, did a UH Manoa club social. Ate dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory, and then went karaoke-ing. Their choice. If you ever go with the Hawaii peeps ask Chris to sing Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit... it's great. Came back.. suuuuuper tired but I had to check my mail for all that important business.. haha yeah right. Alrite.. that's all of my exciting days. Tomorrow I have to go smile and wave at two Kiwanis meetings so I should go get my rest! Mahalo!

No comments: