Monday, February 25, 2002

Yikes.. the weekend has come and gone and yet I don't think that I've done anything. I haven't been productive at all.. sucks. On Friday I missed class (shit) and I woke up really late and decided sleeping was more worth showing up late to class and getting stared down. But then I ran off to school to get to my second class and it was cancelled (dammit) and then I went to the Kiwanis/Rotary luncheon and then some more class. yes.. I lead a very exciting life.. I know. Anyways.. after that Vivian and I went off to the Radiothon at the Children's hospital. It was cool.. we just kinda sat around and wait for the phone to ring, which it did not, but whatever. We were commenting about the cute guys there (all 2 of them) and I was reading the Koala.. which is quite lame this month. I'm dissapointed.. damn those student for equality or whoever they are. They whine and complain about how the Koala is offensive and what not and how it's not right and make a big stink... so that I'm sure the Koala has tamed themselves a little bit not to get into too much trouble. But really... if you find the Koala unfunny and offensive, don't read it. It's a big joke and letting people have their little entertainment value, and for retards like me to laugh at it all. People need to learn to laugh at themselves and not get all uptight all the time. This doesn't mean that you should let people push you around all the time.. but to a certain extent.. laughing is healthy. The Koala is dirty fun.. and hilarious.. it's just like the Tom Green Show and South Park and Jackass. You can't be really funny if you're not making fun of someone.. but anyways.. I'm just ranting.

After that we went to Today for Vivian's birthday dinner. She gets dinner for free (I told my mom that and now she's going to go there for her birthday every year until she dies now) haha.. Anyways.. then I dropped Vivian off, and then decided to drop in on Jeff Nagle. He's so fun to just sit around and chit chat with... haha.. Anyways.. after that.. went back to campus, and tried to find my friend's grad student music show, and I couldn't find it, but did get managed to get harassed by this big black dude. He was asking me all these questions, and I thought he was going to try and tell me something, and then he goes "so ... do you have a boyfriend?" My gosh! Are these really the kind of guys that I attract? Does is say "big black guys who are really forward please ask me if I have a boyfriend?" I mean.. I guess it's flattering ... but it's just really awkward! But that's just me because I'm retarded. And that's the first time I lied about whether or not I had a boyfriend... it's weird because I always felt bad about lying and was never able to do it, but this time my brain was all like "lie! lie! lie!".. haha.. I was all like "yeah" and he goes "what's his name... I might know him" *oh geez* I just kinda walked away and laughed. But I was also really freaked out because it was dark out and on campus and no one was really around.. yes I'm a weenie. I'm sure he was a nice enough man though... but I'm just a snob then I suppose. Anyways.. I went to Winterfest, saw FenixTx play.. they're so great!! Yay! And then the weirdest thing happened.

They had a "You See SD" contest where people could make videos on how they saw UCSD. And the 4th video was by some guy named Sam Chan. And so I was all like.. a guy named Sam Chan went to my high school, but it's a pretty common name so I didn't really think much of it. But the video played, and then the same Sam Chan from my high school came on!! Whoa! I like jumped outta my chair and was all like no way! They won the video contest, and so I saw all these people congratulating these guys.. so I ran outta my chair and went and saw Sam Chan. I got to talk to him for a bit and I find out that he transferred here since the fall... that's so crazy, I never knew that. But that's really cool and he seemed like he was semi-excited to see me. He had to run off and do an interview (since he had won) but his video was really good and I think he thought it was cool that someone he knew from home could see his work. You can probably watch his video at www.simpleshoes.com. I know I made all my friends watch the videos I made.. haha.. my poor friends. Anyways.. I was really tired, went home, sent some emails out, packed and then went to Vivian's to have some cake and chit chat with her and Laura. Proceeded to drive home at 2:30am. Called Pete at 3am (5am his time) because he had to go to a Pancake breakfast (Circle K owns us) and after I hung up I realized I had gone too far on the 5.. great. Turned around, but realized I couldn't get on the 405N from the 5S.. then pulled off the freeway and pulled off to the side of the road .. this was at 4am. Put on my blinkers and as I was about to leave a cop had his brights shining on me. I was so freaked out because I thought he was going to yell at me, but he was really nice and just wanted to make sure I was okay. He told me just to get on the 5N and I could get to the 405N.. and then I drove about the corner and felt like a colossal moron because 20 ft away from where I stopped the freeway exit was there and it said 405N and 5N. Yikes... good job me. :P Got home at 4:30am where I found my mom watching TV and waiting for me.. and I just crawled into bed because I was quite exhausted.
Woke up at 7:45am got ready, picked up Sakura and called Ann because I was supposed to pick her up too (haha.. she didn't wake up until 11am and her cell phone was on silent..) and then drove to the District LSSP. It was cool... we did graffitti paint outs and then had lunch at McDonald's and then painted Circle K murals. *sigh.. I should be an art major.. I love painting and stuff. It was so fun. haha. Props to Beth who drew out the murals and stuff. And me and Carrie made a lopsided Sunny.. haha.. go us. It matches my lopsided Circle K logo .. with the gold K and not white.. sorry Pic! ahaha.. even though Beth and I were told multiple times that it was white and not gold. oops... my bad. Anyways.. got to get dirty and paint. Then took pictures (those are Petey's pix ... yay him!) drove Hailes and Sakura home, and then went home and crashed, dirtyness and all. Woke up, flaked on going to the CPP vs. UCSD bball game. (Sorry boys!) and then went to dinner with the Fam to Todai. hehee.. Todai two nights in a row.. yikes.. I need to go hit RIMAC. Then drove back to SD, and then went to the party at Mike and Stan's. It was cool because on top of the Marshall crew, I got to see the theater people.. especially Dave Z. and Melissa Falarski from my acting classes. They're great. :) Before that though I got a call from Angelee who was in Torrance. I yelled at her for not telling me she was home because I had just left, and she yelled at me for not telling her I was in Torrance because she was there. hahah..we're such nerds. We chit chatted about a lot of stuff.. *sigh. I miss that girl mucho. Anyways.. came home at 4am and slept.

This morning I was supposed to go back to the Radiothon, but didn't quite make it. Finally dragged myself out of bed at 1:30pm because people were coming over. Scrapbook people worked at my house while I did stuff to prepare for my DCM and then cooked dinner for the DCM. I got a little depressed because not that many people were coming and I made a big deal about certain people coming and catered the meeting to them, but they didn't even care enough to really come. sad.. I really wanted to cry. I guess a whole year of this.. I should be used to it by now.. but I guess being dissapointed isn't something you ever really get used to. Anyways.. chit chatted with Vivian after she came over, and while we were talking I realized that something happened last night without me even realizing it. I really need to pay attention more and listen better. STB-Me! Then watched *NSYNC on the closing ceremonies.. singing the National Anthem. My gosh.. I LOVE THEM.. THEY ARE SO GREAT. They totally give me that warm fuzzy feeling every time I see them sing. (yes.. I'm a nerd.. I know). Anyways.. I was doing my scholarship application, but which I thought was due tomorrow, but actually isn't due until Friday.. I should finish it tomorrow. Yikes.. but I have had the most slackerish weekend, and while I've been super busy, I haven't done anything school wise. Ick. Kristen and I made promises to each other to not be procrastinators.. I think I failed that already. I suck. I really need to be a better student.. can somebody help me? I'll love you forever. :)

No comments: