Wednesday, October 26, 2005

there are times when taiwan does not agree with me. the night before i stayed at my grandma's house because i came back too late from the night market. that was okay because i think my relatives really like it when i stay with them. people here are very big on having you stay with them.. maybe it makes them good hosts or something. anyways.. it was my cousin's old room, but they had moved the stuff out, so i slept on a mattress on the floor. i don't know if it was cuz i was closer to the ground, or i had the smell of stinky tofu on me from the night market (ps. i HATE that smell.. it makes me want to vomit. whoever thought it was a good idea to make tofu smell putrid and then eat it was obviously delirious from the odor).. anyways.. i woke up in the middle of the night furiously scratching my arms because of multiple bug bites. i think i even woke up once to the sound of a flea buzzing around near my ear. i was so mad, plus i was cranky because i couldn't get back to sleep because my arms itched so badly. ARGH!! i have 8 on my left arm, 4 on my right arm, and 2 on my face. it's weird because somehow i think they're spreading or something... i know bug bites don't "spread" ... but really.. they're getting worse. i thought it was okay because they had gone down.. but later the next night (yesterday).. they're worse! they're swelling up and they're even achy now. i have no idea what's wrong.. it's like i'm allergic or something. when my dad stayed at my grandma's nothing happened to him.. so either... i taste a lot better.. or they wanted revenge for not being able to attack my dad. either way i have been rubbing all sorts of ointments all over to try to stop the itching and getting them to simply go away. bleh.

in other news taiwan is good. sort of drizzly still. but it's light rain so i just walk around because it's not cold, still a little humid almost, which makes it warm, but not unbearable. i think i'm going shopping again today. whoo :) maybe to eat ice monster. hehe. mm.. maybe nap time. and then baby time before lunch, and then shopping!! i'm out of control. now if only the itching/achiness would stop.. everything would be dandy.

No comments: