Wednesday, February 01, 2006

update:

so i'm paying $35 for my doctor's office to provide me with copies of my own freaking medical records. there's a law that states that they are only allowed to charge you a reasonable cost (supplies, labor, postage) for you to mail your records. honestly - i think that $35 is a little high and unreasonable, but that whole "reasonable" thing is subjective. besides if they're going to charge me $15 to hand my papers to a copy service and i have to pay the copy service way more than $20.. so i guess whatever. they won't make copies until i pay them, so i had to give them my cc# and they say they can only make copies on tuesday & thursday, because they see patients all day on monday, wednesday, fridays. apparently - they are incapable of something i like calling doing more than one thing at a time, or rather, not being an idiot. but they can't make copies until next tuesday because the doctor is on vacation this week and he needs to okay the records to be sent out. (although you could question why they're so busy if the doctor is out. but i know that they bring in a temp doctor when my doctor likes to go on vacation, which is fairly often).

i know i'm making a big fuss over this little thing, but after all the shit having gone through - i think they are just being ridiculous. this is how they treat people - it's sort of retarded. they're so retarded. they're rude and retarded and never EVER go to see dr. irvine in hermosa beach because they're the absolute worst. i almost feel like typing up my "story" and sitting outside their offices and passing it out to people who would be going to see them. hah. my other chiropractor already gave the records and he says that people usually do it as a courtesy. my mom says that it's because i am currently a patient with the other chiro, and that i'm not with the first chiro, but regardless i don't think anything really justifies their behavior. assholes.

No comments: