Monday, March 24, 2008

i've been at work for a little while.. and for the life of me, i can't think of anything to do. oh wait.. i just remembered some stuff i was supposed to send out.. okay.. i have a few things to do that will take me... ohhhh.. five seconds.

anyways...this morning i really did not want to get dressed this morning. i was standing there in my towel and wet hair and just laid back down in bed, wet hair an all. bleh. so much effort. i finally got dressed and made it to work, a tad bit earlier than usual (like 15 minutes) and was jazzed i beat the desk partner to work, until i realized she had a doctor appointment and wouldn't be in until lunch. damn. now i'm sitting here.. wondering what i can do all day. and just... staring. my mom and my aunt told me how lucky i was to have this job, with secure pay and benefits and it should be grand that i'm not that busy. unfortunately, this makes me even more sad. it's weird. i really dislike feeling this useless. you think i would love to surf the internet all day, unfortunately, i may have reached the end. or just don't want to seem like such a huge loaf at 10am on a monday morning.

either way.. here are some things i've been meaning to post about. some findings in my travels through the internet.

dre sent me this because i constantly gab about when i'm going to get my iphone (which is looking like june now :( ) and although i'm not a super girly girl, i can appreciate that sometimes things look really cute in pink. like my razr. and i recently discovered that they are making canon's in different colors. i almost ditched my less than one year old camera to my mom so i could buy the exact same one, but in pink. my mother yelled at me for that one, don't worry. anyhoo. although this is just a mock up, think about how cute it would really be if apple made them in pink. sooooo cute. this post says it might be an extra $300 - but would apple really do that? they made the nanos in different colors and they weren't extra. hmm. either way, i think i have to wait until june since they're coming out with a new version and so it seems silly to buy one now instead of wait. but that makes me saaaaaad.

so i initially thought that this was a joke. really.. how can something like this be true. i mean.. i guess i would lose a bunch of weight if i was only eating 4 cookies a day. but i would also be starving.

maybe these cookies are packed with enough stuff that you're not hungry - but i doubt it. i thought it was a spam add or something - but funny enough i was watching lipstick jungle and they made reference to it. weird. am i desperate enough to by 88 cookies for $99? i guess that's cheaper than buying mrs. field's cookies... but would 4 cookies a day plus dinner tide me over? i don't know man, especially when there's free philly cheesesteaks at work today. damn. but also on lipstick jungle the mentioned a prequel to harry potter by jk rowling. hmmmm.. i googled it breifly and found some links. there's an site and i guess you can download the book in pdf format to read. it's not really by jk, but rather written by some dude "based upon" jk's work. kind of a let down.. but could be interesting to read. fan stories aren't half bad sometimes - but definitely not the same as the real deal.

one last thing.. here's a banner ad that i found amusing.


would you click on this? sometimes i wonder what people think. but i guess if you really needed affirmation if you were dumb or not. there it is. although how sad would it be if you took an internet quiz and it was like "yup, you're dumb."

awesome.

one last bit of goodness.. conversation with my boss:
boss: did you have a good easter? did you find all your eggs?
me: i don't really celebrate easter. no eggs to find.
boss: what you do is put all the money in the eggs, get REALLY hammered and then go and hide all the eggs. wake up in the morning, and then try to find them.
me: maaan, why didn't you tell me that before yesterday?

No comments: