Wednesday, September 17, 2008

work is great story # 549302394

so last night i check my email on a whim, since you know, i have my fancy new iphone and all. and find that our scanning vendor can access the sites to upload the files our vendors need to work on shots. good times. so i call them, test my connections, and then tell them to use the ftp instead. the connection later starts working, and say, hey you can use the connection now too. sounds good eh? i mean, i know it wasn't necessarily "my" problem to solve and i'm not in charge of scans anymore, and the person who is, doesn't like me touching her stuff (because she's DUMB) - but i figure - hey... it's midnight, no one else is going to solve this problem, my vendor is going to be at work in a few hours and have no scans, and that's going to suck, i'm going to fix this.

problem is fixed, except the scanning vendor only uploaded 1 out of the 3 scans they were supposed to send. gee. great. i ask DUMB if she saw the mail, and first of all, when i say "hey DUMB", she replies "WHAT." umm. good morning to you too. i know i'm not a morning person, but ooooookay. she says to me about the issue that "yea, it's that whole issue with the aspera thing, i thought you were working on that" (that's also another reason why i don't like doing anything, once i say even one word, DUMB will say "well you're taking care of it, i'm not doing anything". hey lady, there's no I in TEAM.") so i clarify that they only received 1 out of the 3 and as she is walking away (actually, she never even stopped to talk to me...) she says, yea, we'll have to call the scanning vendor. and because i'm unclear, and i don't want it to fall into one of those things where she'll say that i was supposed to be taking care of it, i say "are you going to call them" and she yells down the hall "YES I'M GOING TO CALL THE SCANNING VENDOR." umm.. thanks. w.t.f. but it's a good thing that i've started to learn how to cover my ass.

seriously. i don't get why people behave like this. or why or how i illicit this behavior out of people. i mean.. i'm not all distraught about this (today...). it's actually pretty comical this morning. but there's gotta be something about me, because this has happened more than once. there's always the one person who doesn't like me for some reason or another and treats me kind of like that. they all kind of have the same attitude and personality - so maybe i just don't mesh well with that. in my own ego-ness, i'd like to think it's because they're so jealous and lame, they have to talk shit because they have nothing better to do, because i am awesome. yup, that's pretty much it ;P

No comments: