Friday, October 02, 2009

It's October!

Aaaand.. I'm not really any further along than I should be. At least not in a measurable sense. I keep thinking about whether I should still be trying to cram stuff into the next 8 weeks I have off. It doesn't sound like a long time when you put it that way, but it kind of is. I'm still doing some searching and hunting and trying to find work to fill my time, but the outlook is grim. I went to a mixer where are girl told me she got rejected by 5 temp agencies because they didn't have enough jobs to staff the temps they already had. Things seem to be floating around, and I'm trying to find that right in, but it's just not there, so yea.

Let's have a look see at this list.

1. Figure out how to work my Nikon DSLR - well.
I went to a class @ Samy's, and learned some tips. I still have a far ways to go, and some more stuff to learn and memorize... Things don't stick in my brain like they used to....


2. Learn how to drive stick.
I'm going to start next week dammit.

3. Work on:
a. SOFA reel
b. Sakura/Jimmy wedding video
c. Olivia/Chinson wedding video
d. Annie/Mraz Hotel Cafe video

4. Take Logging/Transcription test - for fun/depth/possible jobs
was wondering if I should still do this, I obviously have not

5. Apply with Creative Temp Agency
see rambling above

6. Start Tennis Classes or find ppl to play with (anyone??)
I got into this class, but it was just a class where you do a hour of drills. Not really great, but I think I can transfer into another class, or at least I'm hoping.

Bonus -
?Build a website for myself?
Got a book, haven't started reading it....

So I pretty much such at this list thing. Grr. I know I know... begin to berate me. maybe that will motivate me. I feel like there is a lot of stuff I "have" been doing, I guess I can't really say much of what. I have been trying to gym it up more often, and that always seems to suck and enormous part of the day up. Not an excuse, but just letting you know. I guess that excuse only works if you can see the results huh?

One thing I did do, is go to The Griddle Cafe in Hollywood and have their Red Velvet Pancakes. They're absolutely freaking AMAZING. I think I twittered and facebook'ed about them enough, but here are some more scrumpdidilyumptious pictures. I found out about them by reading Eliza Dushku's twitter, and it's basically one of the best things I've done last month.



I'll leave you with a few key moments with my parents:

Dad: Are you okay?
Jean: Yea... I just forgot my eye drops
Dad: You should just cry, then it's like natural eye drops
Dad: How about if I pinch you? *pinch*
Jean: Ouch!
Dad: See, tears. Better now?

Mom: There's been a lot of typhoons and floods in Thailand and Philippines
Jean: Yea, I know
Mom: I was thinking about putting all my "special things" upstairs on the 2nd floor, so you know, they don't get ruined.
Jean: That's silly
Mom: No, like hurricane Katrina! Like all the electronics and my treasures.

Riot and a half.

2 comments:

joanh said...

oh my god. you should just start a website about stuff mom and dad say.. i don't even know what you would call it, but ROFL.

i think i might have to try the red velvet pancakes next time i'm in LA. i dunnoo

Jean said...

you will have too!! you'll love them!