Saturday, December 22, 2001

I AM SUCH A BAND GEEK!

Okay.. so aside from spending close to 6 years of my life in band, and then trying to attempt to re-join other sorts of bands for 1 or 2 more years, there is always a part of me that will always love band. So here's my story. It's my second day back at work at the mall (go GAP) haha... and I was on my lunch break. I was way tired, but not as tired as the day before, because I had wisely chosen to wear jeans and my adidas instead of a skirt and mary jane platforms. Anyways.. so I'm chillaxin' and eatin, and on the stage, there's an elementary school band tuning up! And they're getting ready to play some Christmas songs. It was sooooo cute. And there were all these parents sitting around, and watching, and video taping (on a Monday afternoon nonetheless).. how sweet. So once I finished my food I walked over to go to Kaybee Toys (to look for a replacement for my sad broken Nsync watch) and before I went in... I HAD to stop and listen because a) they were SOOOO cute and b) it was nostalgia and c) because they were playing christmas songs. But it was soooo cute. And I got that tingly feeling when these two flutists did a Deck the Halls duet. It was so cute. I totally miss being in band. And like it was fun trying to be in the North High band, but really not the same because I didn't really go there. And 'dorkestra' wasn't any better, (although it did help to have cute violinists.. hehehe) and now wind ensemble.. although fun as it may be... I have lost a lot of my skill in fluting, and it's not so fun, when you're not really playing the music. And I dunno.. these concerts, where no one you know really even comes to them, at least no one you I know.. but there's just that *spark missing I suppose. But probably mostly because who knows how well I could play if I had stuck to it.. but I dunno.. maybe someday I will pick it up again, and practice, and be good again. It can be another of those lifetime goals. :)

Anyways.. work has been alright, except my FEET HURT SOOOO MUCH everyday. yikes.. I'm so not used to standing for 8 hours everyday. blahh.. but.. Kathryn DID make my day by sending me a tin of cookies! And they're soooooo good. My mother had to pry the tin out of my hands. THANKS BUTTRYN!! YOU'RE A ROCK STAR! I'm way excited.. I gotta find some time to make some cookies and calorie bars and what not.. :) hehe.. I LOVE not going to school.

No comments: