Monday, December 24, 2001

ew.. I hate rude customers. They suck a lot of butt. Aside from the normal... yesterday was rude customer day at the GAP. It was horrible. One after another all four of us at one time or another got harassed by idiotic people. This lady yelled at Tracy for not giving her back a shirt that was in her bag the entire time, this lady took a bag when Derek said he couldn't give it to her and said "if he wanted it back she'd give it right back" because she needed to spit in it. Sick.. there was a trash can right outside lady. Not that it's really not something I shouldn't be used to already, I've had multiple people yell at me and give me dirty looks and what not, but I guess it just happened in awhile. So anyways.. I was helping this lady, and I was being really nice, asking her if she wanted gift receipts, and boxes, and she pretty much was rude and ignored me but I was nice and gave it to her anyways. And then I helped her friend, and her friend said she wanted a large paper bag. Since she bought a large sweater I gave her one because I just really didn't feel like dealing with it. Then, this lady, who bought like two tiny shirts wanted a large paper bag. And since a) it was ridiculous to give her a large paper bag for her tiny little purchase, and b) we really didn't have that many bags anyways. I told her we were running low, and I couldn't really give her one. (I said it nicer than that though.) But anyways.. any normal person would have been like okay, and walked away.. maybe a little annoyed, but they would have understood and gotten over it.. because it's that time of the season. You can't expect stores to have all the gift boxes and paper bags you want because everyone and thier mother (literally) is asking for them. Anyways.. so she threw this big hissy fit, and tossed her bag on the counter and said "give me a paper bag or return my stuff." So I paused for two seconds, and started to return her clothes. She gave me the option right? And I really wasn't about to give her a bag. So she threw another hissy fit because I was returning her stuff and wanted to speak to my manager. Threw an attitude at my manager and when he gave her a bag she said "that's right... you need to re-train her" It was just dumb because I know how to do my job, and I do it well.. dammit. I was talking to my best friend, Angelee, who is like princess of shopping (her mom's the queen) and she feels as if I should have complied with these customers, because it's my job, and not my place to pull principle and what not. Like.. I should stick to that rule of the "customer is always right" which really.. I hate that saying.. because.. really.. as I've said before... I hate rude customers. And after thinking about it.. I don't want to sound like I'm whining and complaining, because really.. my job is customer service.. but it's those extreme customers that I dislike.. *sigh.. I don't know.. it's really hard to explain if you don't go through it. And not like customer service in general.. but at this specific store. Like.. I never had any problems like this in San Diego.. but I don't know.. it's hard to explain.. but that was my gripe. I just really dislike when people expect the world when really, they don't deserve it. And this is in all walks of life, not just retail. People complain all day long about things they themselves do, and it's just bothersome.. but I'm sure I do it too.. Everyone does.. it's part of being human I guess. And really.. too complicated to blog about... but something that's been bugging me lately.

Which really.. I've decided that that's what I really use my blogger for. To talk when no one else will listen. what a sad and pathetic life I lead. blah. oh well. I have to be at work in 8 hours. yes.. I've spent 9 hours at the mall for the past four days in a row. It's wonderful.. the mall during christmastime is a craze.. but it's kind of comforting... like method in madness. It's nice to be busy.. stress, but still really at least it gives you something do you ya know? Am I making any sense at all?

No comments: