Monday, December 15, 2003

we had our best loss yet tonight :P 9-1. not too shabby. it would have been like 5-1 or 6-1 except for all the runs i gave up in the second to last inning due to my awful pitching. i'm sorry team.

question.. how come everytime i play on a team with ryan skophammer i get hurt. lssp- sprained my ankle, and then knocked over by some very large man. softball, i've gotten knocked down, fallen over and most recently today i got beaned by the very first hitter at the top of the game. she hit it right to me and i turn and it hit me real hard right on my right shoulder, my pitching arm. i just let the ball drop and paul or mike (i wasn't paying attention anymore) scrambled to get it why i silently moaned. they let me have a few practice pitches and they were pretty concerned and maybe took it a little easier because they were scared of hitting me (and i ducked everytime someone hit the ball after that). my shoulder is a bit sore, but i'm alright, no broken bones. we'll see tomorrow. i'm glad at least it didn't hit me in the face, and also that i was wearing my sweatshirt for that extra padding. but definitely definitely glad it didn't hit me in the face.. i don't know if i would have recovered from that, she hit it really hard. but everyone was worried and asking me if i was okay, and ryan just turns around and says, "yea she's fine.. jean's a tank." uhhh.. thanks ryan? hahaha

the BEST part was that maritza, norma and christine came down from riverside to be extra cheerleaders for our team!! they brought their "desert oasis" (but really cal poly pomona) pom poms and cheered for us, waved their pom poms and asses and made the other team jealous. :) i pitched the best when they were cheering for me. they made me smile. :) thanks girls!!! (maritza made me write that.. really i thought they were cki losers with no life... KIDDING). thanks for coming girls.. it means the world to us.. that we have supporters even if we suck. now we expect you at every game. see you there. thank you sakura for coming too. no oranges this time though. :P

and also.

happy birthday philippa!!!

you rule.

No comments: