Wednesday, June 23, 2004

hellooooooooooooooo from taiwan. not that it makes any difference where i post this because you're probably reading it in the same place, but anyways. HI.

i finally made it.. after all the stress and not sleeping. i'm surprised i didn't procrastinate more and post while i should have been packing. but i got on the plane, ate way too much food (two dinners & two cups of noodles) and at one point my feet were really swollen that they were tight in my flip flops. i got really scared that i thought i had gained 10 pounds in the course of a few hours, but my dad said it was due to leg immobility for too long, so my feet are normal size now.. it's all good :)

thanks to sakura for taking me to the airport! and to jill for bring me lunch... yay :) i actually had to sit on my luggage to get it zipped up.. and i thought packing for ICON was bad. hahah.. my parents picked me up (yay) and we rode the "free go bus" which is actually not free. it's like $30/person.. so if you come to taiwan don't be fooled. i guess they translate "free go" into "greyhound" or "flying dog".. so essentially it should be "flying dog" bus.. but i guess "free go" sounds better(and more like the chinese name "fai go". but anyways.. crashed at my grandma's house on the floor and today i get to go check into my hotel (for being in the bridal party). my cousin and a few groomsmen are there, and they went shopping in the street markets (shih men ding) sorry i suck at spelling chinese stuff.. you can fix it for me alice :P but anyways. i don't get to play with them, maybe later. there's a lot of "family" stuff to be done.. and i swear that planning this wedding seems so much harder than a regular american wedding.. there's people who have to open doors (car? i dunno) for the groom, but they have to be a cousin of the bride.. or something.. i dunno. so many traditions and superstitions! like the sister of the groom doesn't want to come to the engagement dinner because it's 'bad luck' or something .. i have no idea. but it's interesting.

it's also HUMID. ack.. i am sweating buckets. it's not as bad as i anticipated.. but it's typhoon season.. so it's like humid but warm and STICKY.. all at the same time.. i haven't spent too much time outdoors yet.. just walked from the bus station to my grandma's last night at like 11:30pm and it was SO warm.. not like nighttime in california at all. ugh. oh well.. it's a nice vacation. time to go eat with the fam.. take care! say hi to california for me :) kiss disneyland for me. :) miss you! (and have fun gay clubbing girls! :P)

No comments: