Monday, November 01, 2004

hmm.. so.. there must have been a glitch with the audio blogging, because i just had thought that i didn't push the right buttons at the end.. but i guess it just got lost for a bit, and now it's back. i've forgotten what i said already.

i know this is a bit late.. but
happy halloween!! :)


this week has been okay. was kind of crummy in the middle, but ended well. last weekend was fun. san diego. yay! it was fun hanging out, watching movies. i think most of it was in my audio blog. the first thing i did when i got there was get a california burrito from el coti's. mmm. went downtown to get my hair cut, whoo hoo. it wasn't too bad. spent $20 total, $10 for the hair cut, $8 tip, $2 parking. and then back that night for some movies, hung out with courtney, and went out and about in PB. saturday was more movies, just hanging out, got a calamari steak sandwich from el pescador (yum) although i got courtney a little lost driving around.. and she wasn't feeling well.. yuk. but she got some chai and some chocolate and felt better, so it's all good :) watched more films, hung out with jill and jason and then dinner with courtney and taylor. it was good just to see friends and hang out.. especially friends i hadn't seen in a long while. :) hopefully it won't be too long before we see each other again.

monday was our softball game. it sucked. it was so awful, bad for even us. for some reason no one (except for justin) could get it together. and maybe we weren't "that" bad, but we were bad enough, and the other team was good enough that it was just the worst game ever. i have never felt that crummy about a loss, and not just cuz we lost, but it was just plain ugly. afterwards beth, benji and i headed to chili's where we had the 32 year old waiter who just got kicked out of his parents house for being a free-loader.. so we listened to his stories, about how they took back his car (a range rover which he decked out with dvd players and what not) so he had to drop out of csulb and go to elco because that's within biking distance. how he used to live the high life and go to $300 dinners at big posh places, and now he lives off of trader joe's macaroni & cheese, and how he doesn't know how to clip coupons, or really where to find coupons. yea.. serious. we swapped horror retail stories, and he was a pretty cool cat. he wasn't too bad on the eyes either, which didn't hurt, and we all debated about whether or not he was gay. i thought he wasn't, benji thought he was, and beth flip-flopped.

work on tuesday, lunch @ daphne's with benji and beth. i swear that ever since carlene's birthday party i have been obsessed with gyros. they're so yummy! i had greek food with my sister in santa monica, and then daphne's the week before for dinner, and then again last week for lunch. i can't get enough. yikes.

i got in some trouble at work for some stupid stuff.. and it put me in a pretty crummy mood thursday and friday. i dunno.. i know that i'm not supposed to be doing certain things, but when everyone else is, and it doesn't really seem to matter. it's hard to just not to anything, instead of doing what you're "not supposed to be doing" (and this is of course after i've finished all my work. so you all don't think i'm a delinquent.) but yea.. it still kind of sucks.. and my uber paranoia is setting in, and i just seem to get weird vibes. so ... i dunno. after work i was going to be motivated and go to the gym.. but as i was walking up to the gym i realized that i had forgot my sneakers (after reminding myself twice to pick them up before going out the door) so i got back in my car and went home :) nice huh? nap before work and then work until midnightish. good times.

saturday was family and sister day. hanging out at her posh pad. that's always a good time. i get to watch cable and got hooked on the real world/road rules battle of the sexes. argh.. who won the ice competition? who's getting kicked off! i was sad that Ace got booted :P he's so adorable. eric nies is still pretty yummy. that night i had to go to work again - covering people's shifts who have real lives and parties to go to. since i didn't make any plans i figured i'd be nice and take the shift. i'm so dumb because i got super excited to see celebrities there - watching their kids play. it was too cute. i shouldn't be so starstruck, but i am. the celebrity count is up to three - dave coulier, peter gallagher and antonio sabato jr. haha. apparently kiefer sutherland and jerry bruckheimer were around playing pick up and tom cruise came to chat. and i missed him. man.. my sister would have loved me if i had clubbed tom cruise over the head with a hockey stick and brought him back. jk. but it was like an hour after my shift.. man!! tom cruise... aiya.. i'm such a goober.

sunday.. freaking daylight savings .. i had forgotten and woke up at 6:30am for my 8am meeting. argh. only after i finished getting ready did i catch a glimpse of my smart vcr that reset the time by itself and realize that i was up 1 hour too early in the butt crack of dawn. i really could have used another hour.. i took a nap, but it's not the same as solid sleep.

sunday after work, and confusion, and me being uber stupid dorky - nicole, benji, beth, ryan and i went out to hermosa for halloween. nicole really wanted to go out (even though she was sick) and i thought i'd appease her, but i'm really glad that she made me go out. :) it was a good time, and sorry for anyone who got annoyed at my stupidness. we went to patrick malloys - me as a school girl (with the costume i bought that day - skirt from the gap and knee highs from target :P), nicole as a old school girl star trek officer (AWESOME!!!), benji as a running with the bulls guy (are they officially called something?), ryan as a scientist, and beth wore her snow white costume (too cute). she opted for the real snow white instead of the slutty snow white.. but it was still great :) i had bought a ding dong from the pizza place next door, but didn't eat it right away, so i put it in my purse - but forgot about it and found it in my purse later on. at one point, me and ryan went for a shot and i was going to throw away the mutilated ding dong, but ate it instead. it was the best ding dong i've ever had. haha.. stupid. we hung out at a very empty kettle with a snarky ass waitress (probably just sick of stupid drunkards coming in all the time) and ate, had good conversation and sobered up. nicole thankfully drove me home before trekking back to chino hills herself (thanks for coming out!) and i crawled into bed trying not to wake my mom up who fell asleep on the couch while waiting for me (after the stern phone i got from her.. oops). this way she'll never know what time i actually came home :P

this morning we got a phone call super early - which usually isn't the best of signs. in the past months my grandfather's (mom's side) health was deteriorating. he's pretty old, and from what my mom says my step-grandmother isn't the nicest and doesn't take the best care of him. he'd go for days without eating and was in the hospital a few times. my aunt went back to taiwan to spend some time and hopefully nourish him back to health, but i don't really know what's been going on since then but i guess my grandfather is back in the emergency room. my aunt called this morning and through the walls i could hear bits and pieces of the conversation as i was drifting in and out of sleep. i hear my mom say "come home quickly?" which is never a good sign either. i guess my grandfather is in the hospital, and will maybe have to be transferred to a larger hospital - since they live in a fairly podunk town in taiwan. my mom is leaving tomorrow for taiwan and so i'll have to help her pack her stuff and try not to stress her out too much. i feel bad because i was super sad when my grandfather (dad's side) had died. i don't feel quite the same way now.. just because we weren't that close i suppose. i was maybe even a little freaked out by him sometimes. but i do feel an ache for my mom because she doesn't really handle stress well, and it's never a fun situation. she's pretty unfocused, but has to get some stuff done at work before she leaves tomorrow. she's crying and all that and just worried when someone tells you "you should come now." maybe i just don't think it's real yet or it hasn't sunken in. i wonder if anything awful does happen if i should go to taiwan.. the only thing holding me back would be the play.. so i dunno. it's a crummy situation but we'll get through it. my mom's mom died when she was young - so .. i dunno. he's lived a good life, had lots of kids and got to see my sister get married in apparently what my relatives are calling "the wedding of the century." i wonder how much of it he actually took in. but nevertheless, my mom got to be there to experience it with him. what sucks about being the younger child is that my grandparents could possibly not witness a lot of things i do... but .. i dunno.. what can you do. my mom had also been stressing out about her job and today on the phone she was telling me how if she didn't work anymore that i'd have to take care of her. i told her i would and she's like "really? you promise?" i dunno.. this conversation sounds dumb as i type it out, but i think my mom worries a lot about when she hits old age if me and my sister will just abandon her and my dad, dump them in some retirement home if they don't have money to survive on their own. my old lady neighbor is by herself all day and all night and says her son only visits her every once in awhile to make sure he can collect on insurance. this conversation between my mom and i.. i dunno. it was just interesting. not that you all care, but i'm writing it for myself so i can look back and read my blog later and remember these things i wrote. either to remind myself how dumb i was/am, or smart things i say. i dunno. one last thing that is really awful of me. is that i am a little giddy that with my mom gone there won't be anyone there to nag me. my dad is more lax and less uptight, but then again i also feel bad leaving him at home by himself. i dunno.. i feel absolutely awful for thinking it.. but it's the truth i guess. it just sucks that it has to be because of these circumstances. that's right.. i am an awful daughter.

anyhoo.. i am done babbling. sorry to have gone on so long. my shoulder hurts a lot.. i don't know from what. maybe just sleeping on it the wrong way. i hope the softball game tonight doesn't suck too bad. it's almost time for lunch.. yay. the day after halloween isn't the funnest. i wish i could have just stayed in bed. but that's always every morning. but it IS november. which i love. all the coolest people are born in november. :) plus.. there's the gorging yourself on turkey. yum! bring on the meat sweats!

happy november!

No comments: