Friday, November 05, 2004

so.. my birthday is coming up. and a few people have asked me what i want. well really only one... but maybe more later. haha.. so in lieu of that... i present my amazon wishlist.

this isn't to advertise my birthday or anything. but i hate when people ask me what i want. because i'll say stupid shit like "a job, a boyfriend, a clean house so i can have a party.." stuff you can't just pick up on a shelf, but really that's what i want. or the new G5 imac or the G5 desktop with a pretty apple monitor to go with, but really i don't think anyone's going to be springing that on me. ooh or last season's GAP posters of michael vartan.. i'd love you forever for that. aside from that i don't know what i "really" want... and maybe i don't "need" anything. my room is too small to hold the stuff i don't already need. but it is definitely nice to get things. at the same time.. i hate answering because i feel like a greedy brat. also... i love the element of the surprise of a gift. like - someone took the time to figure out a good present instead of just getting whatever. i don't know.. i mean.. is getting a thought-out bad gift better than something you want? but in any case, that's a question i never really liked to answer. thus, the wishlist. this isn't specifically for my bday, and i put a lot of random crap on there.. so maybe use it as a guideline, or just to see what i'm into. also, i often forget that amazon has tons of stuff on there, so really i only use it to buy dvd's and what not, so that's basically the majority of the list (and mostly boxed sets cuz that's what i buy from amazon.)

i'm really not trying to a ego-maniac, or scream "hey! it's my birthday! you'd better buy me a present you fuckers."... but just for the few who were wondering "hmm.. what does jean want?" of course if you don't know me and just feel like giving a stranger a present, i'd be more than willing to oblige :P

No comments: