Tuesday, August 16, 2005

cleaning stuff post #2

so my cousin is coming to live here for awhile, which is part of the reason for us cleaning .. well mostly me cleaning. my mom wants to make the room "his room" and my sister and i have lived in 3 out of the 4 rooms in our house and thus our books, games, stuffed animals and clothes are kind of in places here and there around the house. last night i went home again to clean up a little bit more. i was thinking of maybe having a garage sale in a few weeks, so cleaning stuff to sell at the garage sale might be a good idea. it makes me a little sad though.. i hate parting with my stuff.

anyhow.. last night i unearthed a whole bunch of goodies from underneath my bed. there's the usual - boardgames, old toys and the occasional sock or two. (any body want twister, the bottom line, or california dreams board game?) and then.. i found all the good stuff. i found a bunch of my old happy meal toys, legos, letters, and hello kitty stuff. i remember when i'd spend hours on end wheeling around my double character tiny toon adventure cars, or playing with all my barbies. and i had like 10 pencil boxes. remember when pencil boxes were the HUGE thing, and you always had to have the coolest, latest, best pencil box? maybe they're still popular now, or maybe it was just a torrance thing.. but there were the pencil boxes with the 5 buttons and different things like a pencil sharpener, thermometer, secret compartment, magnifying glass and pencil stand would pop up. or the regular tin ones, or the new ones from hello kitty that had the pencil sharpener and eraser on containers on the side, pencil stands and little compartments on top. this is all mumbo jumbo to some of you maybe, but to those you who KNOW... i had so much fun looking through all my pencil boxes, and all my pretty pencils. gosh i sound like such a geek. i put some of them in the garage sale pile, but i kept a good amount of them. i had to. i spent so much money at the sanrio store.. i would go every week to get the newest cutest pens, pencils, wallets, pencil boxes. sanrio is addictive like crack. if my relatives think i'm crazy about it now, they should have seen me in elementary middle school.

anyways.. i sound like the biggest dork right now.. but finding those pencil boxes brought back when i'd be in school and you were so proud of your pencil box. and not just those dorky plastic boxes, but the REALLY cool ones.

No comments: