Friday, August 19, 2005

so who wants to hear a funny story? :P

so last night.. i'm supposed to go pick up a friend from the airport, and hang out with her and her friends and have a good time. everything's going according to plan, i check the flight status and find out the flight is delayed. so i hang out around work for a few and finally decide to get going. guess who's car won't start. yea.. mine. AWESOME. so i get a few friends, find some jumper cables and try to jump start my car. nope... not happening. i don't know what is wrong. but since my friend is waiting at the airport.. i'm getting a little anxious and antsy. so my friend kindly lets me borrow her car.. which i was so grateful for because i thought she'd never let anyone else drive it... but there are stipulations. the car is uninsured, and the registration has been renewed by the used car dealership yet. hmm.. so i was hoping that i didn't get pulled over for one or the other (especially at the airport when the cop was right behind me)... and drive to the airport.. carefully. pick up my friend and then drive back to work calling triple a on the way.

i try starting my car and still no luck, so i call my parents just to let them know what's going on. of course my parents want me to drive the car home so they can take care of it.. blah blah blah.. whereas i just want to drive it to sears.. (hoping that it's just a battery problem) and then we fight about how sears isn't open, about where to drive the car, about what i would do in the morning when going to work... basically everything there is to argue about. but i think i hear the tow trunk driving in the distance, so i tell me mom i gotta go.. and rush out to the street. i go to the street corner .. and while waiting for the truck (that has yet to arrive) i realize.. "hey.. someone doesn't have their car keys"... paranoid that i dropped them on the street because i don't see them back in my car.. i start to panic a little bit, but am 99% sure they're in my purse in my car and that i'll be okay because the triple a guy can unlock the doors and then try to jump it right? all in one fell swoop. so we wait around for mr. triple a man, and when he finally comes.. he says he doesn't unlock doors. DANG IT!! so we have to wait for another triple a guy to come and he unlocks my car, but my keys aren't in my purse. so for a nanosecond i get paranoid that some bum picked them up and then i find them under my seat. the triple a guy, who is now rushed because he had to wait around for triple a guy #2, starts poking around my car and can't figure out what's wrong. so he says we're going to tow my car, and there's a little unsureness if i should get it towed to my sister's or towed to torrance. the triple a guy hooks up my car to be towed and drags it out further to the parking lot so he can rearrange and tow it from the front, rather than the back. he closes the car door, and then goes check if something's right, then wants to get back into my car, and the front door is locked!!!!!!!! and like those bad-comedy-everything-goes-wrong movies, where my eyes immediately zoom into the keys sitting in my ignition as the triple a guy is like.. uhh.. the door's locked. i crumple up and want to die right there in the parking lot but the back doors weren't locked, so it's okay. phew.. finally the tide is starting to turn.

i run upstairs to return my friend her car keys back, and talk to her about how i want to die and i feel so lame.. and i hear this honking.. and i'm like "damn.. the tow guy is impatient", but i guess he's busy you know? has stuff to do. but i go downstairs to the parking lot.. and my car is running.. WHOOOOOOOOO.. man oh man. apparently my battery isn't the problem, but it was the starter. the triple a guy put his hand in manually and pushed the starter button... so i guess just something wasn't clicking. argh!! so i drove that car home, but once i got home i left my car running. my dad came up to la and we switched cars, so he took my nissan and i took the honda so that my mom could take it to the mechanic tomorrow and hopefully get it fixed. if need be. i wanted to turn the car off to try and see if it would start again.. but i was too scared that it wouldn't... so i just let my dad take it. because i knew the battery wasn't the problem.. i have no qualms about giving it to him (like.. that the car wouldn't die on the freeway)... and my parents also drove up their car so that i would have no excuses to drive j&j's car. worry warts.

all in all i guess the night wasn't too bad. it was just painful for a few hours, and now i have a good story to laugh about. i ate the leftover rice that i brought home from dinner @ work, which is the best white rice EVER. i could eat bags and bags of it by itself because the rice is so damn tasty. it's white rice, but somehow flavored.. and i'm sure you think i'm crazy, but i promise you i'm not. well not because of the rice at least. come over and try some, you will understand.

so that was my adventure last night. it was awesome. i don't know what's going to come of this weekend.. if my car would start this morning, or what's going on later in the day. i fell asleep on my couch last night after too much "excitement" and now i am at work just waiting for friday night to come. dinner with old HS friends tonight, so that should be fun :) shopping on melrose, and hermosa tomorrow (anyone is welcome to join), and who knows on sunday. oh.. but i REALLY want to go to the coldplay concert sunday night. i have tickets available to me.. and NO ONE TO GO WITH. wow.. i sound really desperate.. but i guess at this point i am. so.. someone needs to be available to go sunday. now. come on.. i would do it for you.

No comments: