Thursday, February 07, 2008

so i'm the worst chinese person. at work they were asking me questions about the double happiness symbol.. and really.. i couldn't answer any of them.

i knew chinese new year was kind of in the vicinity - but didn't really know. until last night i saw some news blip about chinese new year and decorations in china. this morning i thought maybe i should find out when new years is so that i can hang out with my parents. so i google it - new years day is today. haha. this is how i find out when "major" holidays are. last night was chinese new years eve, my parents went out to dinner and didn't call me cuz they didn't think i'd be able to make it (at 6pm.. which is true). i'm kind of bothered that my parents didn't even try to call, because they think i'm so busy. which isn't untrue, but still sad. i went over for dinner tonight and got my favorite food - and tons to bring back and share. yay. but it was nice. i know that i don't really do quality time with my parents, just because i'll sit with them while they're watching tv, or on the internet, so it's not like there's much interaction going on - but sometimes my mom will chat with me - that's why dinner is perfect.. because they can chat and i can eat. they don't really reach out much - but i know they appreciate when i come home. they don't reach out because they feel like they'd be "bothering" me or that i should be calling them. (see.. this is where i get it from people..) but i know they like to make sure i'm taken care of and send me home with goodies and hope that i'm happy, and that's nice.

so, it's the year of the rat. happy new year, people. hope you had a good one.

No comments: