Friday, September 21, 2001

Today was the first day of school. It was a good time, but also very very loooong. But you know.. that feeling of the first day of school in elementary school, or middle school, or even high school, is so different than the first day of school at college. It just seems different somehow. Less fun, less exciting. I don't know. I think I'm just feeling old because I don't live on campus anymore, and I can't see my friends, and when I walk around I hardly know anyone because all of the people I do know all are scattered here and there. *sigh.

Anyways.. I woke up frightfully early (7:10am) after satying up painfully late to plan out my life/schedules if I were to add chem or biochem as a major and go pre-med. Scary thought eh? But I went to class at 8am.. *sigh*, and debated about whether or not to sit around and see if I was going to get into photography, but I figured I'd just wait until later. Then was going to go to my friend's chinese class with her, until I found out that was the same teacher that I had that I never went to class and eventually just dropped out of. Yeah.. didn't think I could sit through her class. ummm... no. So I passed out camptoons for Circle K on campus. I always hated those people who stood in your way on the way to Price Center and shoved things in your hand that you didn't want or need. And now... I've become one of those people. And I'm sure a whole bunch of people hate me. But then I always felt bad for those people because they would stand there just trying to do a job, and no one cared and just said "no thanks" and passed them on by. Yeah, that happened to me all day, I hate rejection. One good thing though is that I saw a lot of people today. More than I would normally see just sitting at home, especialy now that we all live off campus. Yuck.. growing up sucks. I do wish that I still lived on campus. Or that I was freshman again. I so live a life full of "what if's" it's horrible. yes yes yes I'm a reject.. I know.

Anyways.. I got home, tried to look at the classes I wanted to add to see if they were full (and yeah.. they were... junk!) scarfed down some lunch, and went back to campus with Michelle. yay! Tried to crash a Chem class, that was full of freshman. Crazy.. I felt oh so old. I can't believe those second and third and fourth years taking DOC.. it must be horrendous. Then tried to go to a math discussion that didn't start until next week, (nice) and then went to two Communication classes and saw some familiar faces, and had some time to kill before I was schedule to *appear* (haha) at the La Jolla Kiwanis Banquet. yeah right. So I wandered aimlessly around, and ran in to Eric Lawrence, one of the nicest guys ever, and just chilled and chatted with him for awhile. Then changed my clothes in the Peterson Hall bathroom (yes.. the pains of not living on campus, and having no car) and got picked up by Helen to go to the banquet. it was okay. It wasn't too painfully long, and I got out in time to catch Vivian before she left for the Delta Sig Party... "Black Thursday".. oooh.. (not really). :P

After rushing to get ready, we parked in a street, and started walking towards the party. At a crosswalk we saw a car run the red light as another car was turing left and watched this poor Jetta get slammed into by a white Alitma (sad.. my car). There was smoke, and air bags, and broken glass and it was just not good all around. We ran across the street hoping to not get killed by opposing traffic after taking a couple seconds too long staring at what just happened. STUBY. major STUBY. actually. STUBthem... dude. Anyways.. we got to the club and saw the MASSIVE line to get in, and tried to squeeze in. (yes.. it's one of our talents). too bad so many other people are talented at that. With much pushing and shoving and lots of yelling of back up, the club closed the doors, and after trying to get people to back up, right when it started looking hopeful that the doors would open back up, the popo showed up and told everyone outside to go home. :P So Vivian and I went to World Famous and ate some okay food while she flirted with the guys next to us, and they flirted back with her and felt up on her shoulders.. haha. And we went back to the party to see if it was back open, and the popo ruined all the fun again and made everyone go home. Somehow.. I feel jipped. but it's okay. there's a whole year of parties to go to. Four this weekend. yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh.. whatever.

So Vivian dropped me off, and I'm just sitting here blogging and chatting and being in a funk? What's with me being in funks? I don't know.. oh well.. we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: