Wednesday, September 19, 2001

Yes yes yes... I'm still alive, that is.. if anyone cares. Honestly I don't think people read my blogger, or that I'm special. I think it's just a nice place to vent, and if people want to read about my life, then so be it... although it does have that sort of scary stalker quality to it. Anyways.. I've been in a weird sort of blog lazyness funk lately. I honestly don't know what's gotten in to me. But after reading about some people's interesting lives I figured it was time to make a comeback.

*Oh wait.. I know what started this funk.. I was trying to blog last Tuesday about all the madness and my computer just kept freezing, or I pressed the wrong button, and after writing huge long blogs or emails, and they get lost, you just don't feel like trying again ya know? okay.. so here goes*

This past week has been kind of interesting in the way that it doesn't happen everyday. Not interesting good, but just interesting different. Tuesday, as I'm sure EVERYONE knows, was thee day. I remember my mom having the TV on, and I was mad that she had it on while I was trying to sleep, but after I finally woke up and realized what was on TV, I sat along with the rest of the world and stared in disbelief. Along the way I chatted with my grandma about what was going on as she could understand the pictures on the screen but not the words, and I called my sister and told her what was going on. And the first words out of her mouth were.. "Are you joking?" Because honestly, it was just that kind of thing that was too horrible to be true. We talked about how strange and surreal it all was because honestly you never think something like that was going to happen. It just like the plane crash killing Aaliyah, you never think something like that is going to happen, because bad things shouldn't happen to good people right? But all these events have been so weird. We were all in New York last month having the greatest time of our lives, and I flew in on a plane on Sunday, my grandparents flew in on a plane on Monday night, only half a day before it all went down. Who's to say that it couldn't have happened then? And that's the scariest thing. When you think you're in control, and you have everything down, something like this makes you realize that there are a kajillion other things going on it this world that you couldn't even begin to comprehend. Sadness.

But all of this made me think. As I tend to do occasionally. I get this same feeling sometimes when I'm watching TV, or when I'm in the hospital, and I think.. I like communications and I chose it because it interests me, and it's relatively easy (although it does take a lot of hard work) but in the whole perspective of life, when something like Tuesday happens where am I going to be, and how can I be of any help. And then I got to thinking, it would be really great if I could possess the skills to be a doctor. Like if something were to happen, I wouldn't just be sitting around helpless with the masses of other drones. But I could step forward and say.. hey.. I'm a doctor, do you want me to help? Ya know? But that also would require lots more schooling, and tons of classes that I'd probably fail, so.. we'll have to see. But it's nice to know that my dad would be fine with it. hahah.. Although he says he's told me so because he always told me I should be a pediatrician. He just doesn't want me to be an actress or a communications major or fat haha.. *translation* he doesn't want me to mooch off him the rest of his life.

But that was Tuesday... I also went to the dentist that day, and scheduled an appointment to pull out my wisdom teeth in December... scary! And then came home, watched more TV, and finally when I got sick of it, I made Beth come out with me. She came over, we chatted, looked at pictures, and moaned in our usual fashion. And then we ran to Costco to drop off my film before they close, and then went to In 'N' Out (*yumm...) Then Nicole called me on my cell just to chat, and didn't know that I was with Beth, and we talked and I relayed the conversation to Beth and we were all laughing super hard (almost as hard as that time in House, but not as much) while the police men in the next table looked at us funny thinking "how can these dumb girls be so cheery at a time like this" Oh well.. I'm used to people looking at me weird.. haha. uh oh.. is that a good thing? But Nicole and I talked for 50 minutes! (my mom is going to KILL me when she sees my cell phone bill this month!) but it was all worth it.

The next day I was supposed to hang out, but I think I just ended up sitting at home with nothing to do. Oh well.. it was nice to just chill. I went into the garage and looked through all my stuff and re-packed it to get ready for school. It was a good time. Thursday, I just chilled and packed as well. Packing is no fun, no fun. :P On Friday I was packing hard core because I wanted to go out that night. So I got a lot of my stuff packed up. Then Beth and Ryan came over to my house. Where I made them wait a little.. oops. We were also waiting for Nicole, who later called and asked where everyone was because she was at Beth's house. hahaha... so we waited for her, and then went to the Galleria (yay!) to eat. Mmmm.. Chick-fil-A and Mongolian BBQ. yummmmmm... but then after much indeciveness.. we decided to go see Fast and the Furious (didn't happen), I wanted to go the beach (didn't happen), we were going to go play cranium (didn't happen), so I think we sort of decided on going to Starbucks, but Ryan just drove until we ended up down by Cheesecake Factory and we went in to go hook up with Carrie and Manny. We had much indeciveness there as well (yes.. we're all lost souls).. talked in the foyer of the restaurant, talked in the parking lot, and then decided to go to get Boba. The weirdest thing though, I ran into Ernesto (one of my GAP managers) there who I just saw closing the GAP... interesting. We just chilled, talked, looked at pictures, and finally felt we should leave because the place was closed. Ryan, Beth and Nicole drove me back home, and then they left as well. Sadness, and I proceed to pack and also be ridiculed by my mother (as always) and stayed up alll night packing. sad. Finally everyone in the house woke up, I dealt with phone junk.. (I hate the phone company), and showered so we could go to Alhambra. We went to this restaurant which was a mix of all flairs of foods, but it was really gross and made my tummy hurt.. :( but we then went to the used car dealership and PICKED UP MY CAR! YAY!! My mom had already ordered me a 95 White Altima.. which I of course moaned and complained about. But it is a car, and I'm pretty gosh darn happy to have one that I can actually drive on the freeway. :) Although I do love my little red car. *sigh. Anyways.. after a long ordeal I finally got to drive home in my new car, blasting my awesome cd player. But it was a looong drive home from Alhambra taking all local streets because my mom was driving the third car (they bought for the guy who's living in our house (long story)). And my mom doesn't drive on the freeway. Eh.. oh well. That night went to this Japanese restaurant in Torrance with my mom, dad, Eric, my grandparents, Joan and Jeff-gu, I was pretty good. My grandparents were really happy though and seemed to have a good time and got up to toast to us. My grandparents are so great and so cute. :).. went home, and I crashed... but I did get to watch South Park before I fell asleep.

The next morning I got ready to go to school, picked up my pictures from Costco, ate my final meal at home..:( And said goodbye to my grandparents (although I'm sure I'll see them again before I leave) and was sad because I couldn't take my new car (*ooh.. I just thought I don't have a name for it. I should name it) because of minor details that are wrong with it. But hey.. you know mothers.. they always want their kids to be safe, even if their kids couldn't care less. So I loaded up the minivan, and my daddy drove me down to SD, where we then went out to eat at Rubio's and my daddy bought me some sheets (even though I didn't need them), and then grocery shopping, and then pack while he watched me unpack. Aw.. I love my dad.. *I'm such a daddy's girl! :P Then he left because he had to drive home and go to work the next day. Vivian came over.. she helped me unpack a little, and then we went over to her place where I spent the night. She's got a great apartment. :) Although it's a lot on the cold side. We ended up staying up until 6am talking! Crazyness... we hadn't seen each other in so long. We talked about life and boys, and how they both suck hard core. haha.. why so much misery eh? *crushes suck. *boys suck. *I'm going to die an old maid.. I'm convinced. We went to sleep finally and woke up around 1, got out of bed around 3 and went to the doctor to pick up Vivian's drugs. Then we went to Rubio's, and scarfed down my food before I went to the SDSU meeting with John, and then Kirby took me home. haha.. I love Kirby.. we're the most non-asian asians we know. hahah. jk. Anyways.. then Vivian came over, we cooked dinner, and chilled and watched Road Rules. It was a good time. I proceeded to try and unpack. Although I have no desk, or bookshelves, or dressers or once I unpack my stuff, there's really nowhere for it to go. :P And slept at 7am. (i'm psychotic)

Kathryn woke me up, and we went to campus to buy parking passes. Soooo excited! I own my very first parking pass! yay! Too bad it costs an arm and a leg. But it's pretty cool to have one. It's kinda like status, or I'm just excited I have a car... or.. I'm just a dork who's easily amused by little things. Anyways.. went home and realized I still have errands to run, so got Vivian to take me back to campus, and we walked around but campus was pretty dead by then. Sad. We went back to her house where we were supposed to go to Costco with her roommate, but he showed up late. So I took a Nice nap on her extraordinarily comfy bed. Woke up and realized I should go home, and met Vivian's super geeky roommate. And came home. Ate my leftovers, and then Jill, Amanda and Kristen came over! Yay!! I love my girls. We just chatted. I gave them the tour of my excellent abode and we sat engrossed in Big Brother, (*yay*.. I don't care what you say Nicole.. it's a good show dammit) and then in the Real World. Vivian came over with Costco pizza and watched tv with us. Then, Nicole happily interrupted that and we chatted about everything and nothing all at the same time. As well as enduring her cell phone problems.. haha... Then slowly all my friends left.. sad :( and I was left with Nicole. yikes. No really.. I love Nicole.. I don't know how we talk about nothing for such long periods of time though. haha.. but you should all thank her for bringing me out of my no-blog-funk. Although I am jealous because she got to talk to the International Secretary/Vice President. of Circle K.... (da da da daaa) Pete Holiday. *sigh..why can't I be so lucky. Oh oh oh.. I DID get to shake his hand though. Yes yes yes.. I shook hands with the Int'l Sec/VP... who want's to touch me? *pop quiz... what movie is that a reference to?.. Anyways.. I should really go. My roommate's coming home tomorrow and the house is a complete MESS... she's going to freak! yikes. oh yeah.. I should maybe sleep as well.. be normal for a little bit at a time. hey.. I'm working on it.

No comments: