Thursday, September 06, 2001

Oh my. I don't even really know what I'm doing up at this hour. It all started off as Circle K work, but then transformed into much more, and now is this. Yikes.. I've totally messed up my body's ability to tell time. Hopefully I can fix it before I go back to school with my 8am classes! But lately my life has seemed like a blur. But I'll try and sharpen it as much as I can for you.

umm.. Friday the 31st of August... I went out to eat sorbet and gelato with Brandy and her mom, and also Mc D's. It was all oh so good. Yum. And then that night, like true college students, we had a CKI social at Pizza Hut. BUT the reason we had it at PH was because Jacob works there and we got free food. Get it now? hahah.. Oh.. so the funniest quote ever came out of that night. I was rolling on the floor trying not to choke on my pizza:

(@ Pizza Hut during dinner)
Chris: mm.. The garlic bread is pretty good here. I've never eaten it before.
Chrissy: What?! Really? Dang, then what do you eat when you come here?
Chris: ummm... Pizza?

umm. maybe it's not so funny in words, but it was so hilarious. Maybe it was those you have to be there kinds of things. Then in that case, you missed out.. stby. Anyways.. then afterwards I think we wanted to catch a movie but it was way too late, so we went back to Brandy's, played Harry Potter and Life and all that, and just socialized. It was all very late when everyone left and I finally got some shut eye.

The next day I traveled to where all the Hawaiians take their CKI visitors. It the biggest tourist trap on the island. PCC- Polynesian Culture Center. While it sounds all fine and dandy, the secret behind it is that it's actually set up by the mormons to display the Polynesian culture. They put the students who attend BYU Hawaii work there, and by spending money there they say you're "helping to contribute to the education of some who otherwise wouldn't get one" or some mumbo jumbo like that. That's great and all but they make so much bank there.. those pictures that they take for you (like the ones off the rides like Splah Mountain) are $25 for the first ond and $15 for any others thereafter. And the tickets for non-Hawaiians are soo expensive, and the Hawaiian's only Annual Passes are only $16! But I should stop complaining because it is a great place, and I'm sure everyone works real hard there. Honestly I had a great time. They don't have rides (ooh.. except for the canoe tour with that one cute canoe guy) but lots of really interesting and funny shows. I had a great time, and it was cool just to run around like an idiot. Afterwards went to Zippy's for another late dinner, and back to Brandy's house do socialize. Except this time all but a few people were falling asleep in their seats while the others kept on socializing. It was a pretty amusing sight to watch. I chatted and bonded with Krystal, one cool chick. We talked a lot about our opinions of different matters and really clicked. I guess that was what these two weeks was supposed to be about eh?

The next day we were sooooooo tired from the night before we just mulled around all day. Chris, Krystal and I ran my errands.. ahha, and ate Liliha Korean BBQ take-out that was soo good and watched the UH convention videos. That night we went to the PET project at Manny's house. *Who by the way has the best house ever. It's near the top of this mountain and has the most spectacular view, and has the best PORCH (i refuse to call it a Lanai) to enjoy it from. It's a mega-bachelor pad. But anyways.. did that.. and then went to Safeway to buy food for my DCM and board training. And then .. oops.. didn't "just" go to Safeway, but went to Zippy's afterwards for food. But interesting about that night was that I found the Safeway guy kinda fliriting with me, and me kinda flirting back. That's what the club says at least.. but this is the way I see it. I have such a low self esteem about myself that I freak out when any guy starts talking to me for no good reason because I think that no guy could be attracted to a troll like me. So this guy in the soda aisle asks me if I really go to UCSD (I was wearing my sweater) and we talk about the letter grade/p/np system (dumb I know) and later I ask him where the breads are and he asks if I want him to take me there. Hhaha.. at this point I was like.. ummm.. oooookay. But of course I had my back up of the UH club and stopped along the meat aisles to complain about the priceyness of EVERYTHING in that store. And he eventually got bored and left. So we shoped peacefully, and when we went to go checkout *poof* he was bagging my groceries. hmm.. so he's talking to me, asking me if I'm visiting or here to stay, while all the UH people are snickering, and he asks to see my license, and I dunno if I'm trying to be cute, or trying to get his attention because I know I can, but I dunno... whatever. Anyways.. I left there, and that's the end of my story. *sigh... This is my theory. You just have to pretend you're from somewhere else and you'll attract guys who are sick of all the girls in their state. haha. So when I go back to California, I'm going to pretend I'm from Hawaii.. haha. yeah right.. it wouldn't work. I dunno.. like.. it's weird to say that some guy was fliriting with me because I don't think it would be possible in a million years that a decent looking guy would initiate a conversation with me (*definitely better than the Circuit City incident). But it does feel nice to have that attention from someone who's not a freak or pervert or dirty old man, and know that someone out there actually thinks you're okay looking.. So.. I dunno.. it's confusing.. phew.. good thing I usually never have to deal with it. *sigh.. I'm a pathetic freak. why can't cute guys in cali talk to me.. *sigh, stb me Anyways.

The next day was my DCM.. and that morning was trauma, hectic, and yikes.. that makes no sense, but that's how my morning was. Early wake up, finishing my papers, not being picked up, making copies, being late, and then leading a DCM and a board training session that it seems like NOBODY cares or wants to be there... yuck. In the end it was all kind of frustrating, but hey.. at least it's over. That night Krystal and I just ate Hibachi with Brandy's family. And afterwards we roasted marshmallows with her little cousins and played Harry Potter.. it was a blast.

Tuesday was soo boring. I just kinda chilled... and watched tv. For like 5 hours. But I did get to watch lots of interesting re-runs. Finally at 6pm I was rescued. We went to the Pearl Harbor mtg, and then to Anna Miller's for dinner. I got $1.28 Strawberry Pie. Yum.

Wednesday.. haah.. was a little more fun. I got to take out Brandy's mom's car. I was going to sit with Brandy all day, but after deciding that was was worse than sitting at home and watching 5 hours of TV, I decided to go explore Oahu on my own. Nonetheless I got super lost, but did manage to find my way home from UH which I was totally proud of myself. Talk to Brandy's uncle for a bit, asked him for directions, and took a nap. Then talked to Chris and Krystal and Brandy and Jacob, and finally decided to go to the beach by myself (wow!) Went to Ala Moana Beach where it was okay. the sand was kinda rocky, and the water wasn't completely clear once I swan out into it, but it was quite nice. Swam a little, and then laid out a little.. but bright me, decided to lay out at 12noon. Yes, I'm retarded. I was only there for like 20 minutes total, so not too bad. Went back, thought I was going out to lunch, didn't. And chilled... then went to go pick up Brandy, got lost in downtown. Then decided to pick up her mom first then, only to get confused and having to drive in circles mulitple times due to one way streets. I HATE ONE WAY STREETS. After half a hour, I finally figured out where Brandy's mom works, but she had already left because someone picked her up, and no one told me. grr.. But that's okay. Went to go pick up Brandy, also met up with Krystal, and found Manny on the way. It's a regular party. Was going to do something with CKI folks, but everyone was butt tired, so was going to order pizza, but went out to La Pietro's with Brandy's family instead. It was good, and also ate Bubbie's homemade ice cream. Which actually was kinda little dirty store because all their names for their desserts had sexual connotations, and their sloagan was "shouldn't you be licking something?" haha.. amusing. Rock would love that place. Came home, attempted and failed to learn how to french braid, and tried to do my MD&E stuff, but didn't get to that either. eh.. I have until Saturday. But I'm kinda nervous because I have to make a "presentation" tomorrow on why Kaneohe should start a Circle K. Yikes... what am I supposed to say! pssht.. well I'll go worry about it in my dreams, because I'm sooooo tired I can't stand it. blah.. that's how I feel.

No comments: