Friday, November 29, 2002

so.. thanksgiving has come and gone. sort of. there will always be the leftovers to remind me of it. shoot.. i forgot to take a picture of the dinner table. *sigh*.. oh well. this year i actually helped cook!! yay me.. and it was DELICIOUS. i don't know if it was the satisfaction of knowing that i had helped, or just because i haven't really eaten real food that was homecooked in so long. maybe both.. but i ate tons.. and five hours later i'm still full.

so.. i really should have left SD tuesday night, but i didn't. and i paid the consequences. i didn't get to go on my hot date with Carrie, we'll have to reschedule.. i hope she can pencil me in. hahaha... i do feel bad because i really wanted to hang out with her, and because i was too lazy.. i didn't get the chance to. sad. tuesday i cleaned up my room some more... and then went to bed late, 5am late. got up a few hours later, 11-ish.. too late to hang out with Carrie.. cleaned some more, packed and thought that I lost my wallet. completely freaked out, put holds on all my credit cards, searched everywhere for my wallet, and then spent 2 hours in the dmv getting a new license. down and depressed i came home and took a nap to kill time before leaving for la to miss the holiday traffic. and when i awoke, i did some random things, sat a my computer, and there my wallet was, under a stack of papers. i am LAME. i seriously stressed out so much, and then to have it sitting there under a stack of papers.. the one place i didn't look. so simple. duh. so i suck.. i drove home, but not before saying hello to my neighbor across the way.

got home around 11pm, chilled, organized my photo album.. yay.. my pictures make me happy. today after many hours of much needed sleep i woke up and helped cook thanksgiving dinner, while doing some laundry. i just rested all day, and soaked in the atmosphere of home.. including the yelling and fighting.. but it's all good. i guess it's what makes home home .. like chandler on friends.. he didn't feel like it was thanksgiving until his friends started yelling and fighting. anyways.. after eating a glorious dinner.. me and my very full stomach went to go see harry potter and the chamer of secrets with my hot date Sakura. it was a good movie, and i'm totally officially hooked. except that the movie was pretty scary.. i don't know how little kids watch that stuff. or maybe i'm just easily frightened.. but nicole says that the continuing books get darker.. hmm.. but anyways.. it's definitely enjoyable... it's funny about how uninterested i was when the first one came out. i had no inclination to see it, and then i saw it on the plane just because it was free and there, and now i can't get enough. although i'm not quite as obsessed as nicole :)

anyhoo.. i feel as if i should awake early to go take advantage of those shopping deals.. but i deal with retail all day and night that i might just take a break. :) i will the get the sleep that i so need and deserve because i know i won't be getting any in the next two weeks. maybe do a bit of homework and hit up the mall just for fun, because the galleria rocks my world. i miss home sometimes.. like, not all the rules and restrictions, but just the comfort and familiarity. it's nice.. i love torrance. and i love my queen bed. and i love home cooked meals, and not paying for laundry... and of course my parents ;) okay.. enough cheese.. just know that i'm thankful for a lot of things, even if i don't say so or act like it all the time. and of course i'm thankful for you. :)

No comments: