Sunday, August 24, 2003

the weekend is half over. damn.. i need more weekend.

friday was a stressful day. i went to work, which was alright and left early to go to my eye dr. appt. carrie followed me home to use my internet.. but only got a few minutes out of it because of traffic and my dad was doing something to the computer before she could use it. i also called the real world and left a message about being a PA... so the chick called me back and i was driving on the 110 and on my cell phone, and i heard that she wanted me to bring something down to "the house" (how frikkin cool is that) from LA to san diego. and then i also heard that they wanted me to work as PA for a week. i screamed like a school girl, got all nervous and excited at the same time. and i finally composed myself and called her back to ask a few questions about pay and other stuff.. and found out that they just wanted me to deliver the package for them.. and i guess i misheard about the other offer (damn). so i contemplated driving from torrance to van nuys to sd and back, just to be a part of the real world for 5 nanoseconds. shit. in the end it didn't end up happening because the guy didn't want me to have to battle traffic north to van nuys and south to sd. they probably just found someone who wasn't such a geek. i beat myself up a little bit friday for not just "doing it" and jumping at the chance because who knows where it could have led up to, and plus they were more likely to remember me and hopefully like me if i met them in person - rather than this wishy washy girl on the phone. dang it. but i would have also sat in traffic for 6 hours or so.. which may not have been too bad for the $200 i would have gotten. but it's done and over with and it's too late now.. so i guess maybe it just wasn't meant to be. when the girl called me she said that she was a "believer in fate" and i had called at the right time... so i kicked myself a little bit for slamming opportunity when it came knocking at my door. but maybe it was "fate" that i didn't do it... who knows. argh

instead i cleaned all night (yay?) my uncle and family were coming in from taiwan, so i had to clean out the entire upstairs and the rest of the house. for those many people who haven't been inside my house (even when you had to pee badly) it was a disaster.. crap everywhere, no place to sit, hardly a place to walk. but *ta-da* my house is pretty sparkling.. it's kind of amazing. i mean.. it's not perfect clean where every thing is in it's place ... but it's really good, especially compared to before. SO.. i think the ban on guests just might be lifted from out house if i can keep it this way (which shouldn't be too hard).. so whoo hoo.. yay!! come visit me!! you can come inside and we'll sit down and chat.. oh yay. :)

i spent most of today cleaning, got a wake up call from carrie.. she's fond of calling me when she's awake and knows that i'm sleeping. :P i now have the super snifflies from all the dust or something.. but i hate it because i have a runny nose.. at least my headache and wheezing is gone. i went to stup's engagement party.. SO CUTE. i want to be engaged, and get fun presents and plan fun stuff.. nicole can i work for you when you become a wedding planner? but it was pretty exciting.. i can be such a girl sometimes. yikes. and trish sent her a present from up north even though she couldn't come to the party.. what a sweetheart. awww.. i want to be engaged. hahah. it was a really cute party. it was at this GINORMOUS house in altadena. i seemed really nice from the outside.. but as i was walking away when i left i looked at just how big it was. there was several large rooms downstairs (living room, dining room, guest room, sitting room.. etc etc etc) and there were like 10 or 12 windows upstairs for bedrooms. wow. stup is part of the private high school crowd. hahah.. and we used to play against them in high school.. haha.. the prep league. hahah. crazy memories. but it was good, there was good food and ice cream cake (yum!!) and she got a lot of really cute presents and everyone really liked the gift that i gave her (whoo hoo). it was fun.. :)


amanda and matt

No comments: