Monday, December 12, 2005

i really should be sleeping, but i'm not. hmm. how many posts have i started out writing that? too many probably.

i start my new job tomorrow. it's new, but yet i'm going to the same place, so it seems not new. does that seem weird? i don't even have a different parking space, well not this week. but i do get to go in at 9am instead of 8:30... does the 30 minutes make that huge of a difference? apparently so because i am staying up late because of it :P i also blame the 2 hour nap i took while i was at home. hopefully it'll add up the the next few hours of sleep i get and when i wake up i will be okay. it's weird to think that i won't have forever to the just surf the internet, blog, chat and myspace it up while at work. i mean.. granted a lot of people do anyways, but for me it was a given, because really i was just supposed to sit and wait for the phone to ring, or someone to walk through the door. granted i did other things, but most days ... well you get it. i have this plan i want to enact that probably takes lot of internet research, and i just had this dilemma that i wouldn't be able to do it tomorrow... hahaha.

i have a little hesitation calling this job a "promotion." only because it's not like they called me in and said they were giving me this new job. it was a process where i had to "apply".. and it was because it was vacated. but i guess in the real world higher title + pay raise = promotion no matter what the circumstances :P so i guess that's what it is.. but i still like to say "new job," but that does sound weird to me to.

i've been listening to a lot of cover songs lately.. well the two on my computer... on repeat :P a kelly clarkson - since u been gone cover by h's between vowels (a band discovered on myspace with former members of ozma in it..) and a coldplay cover of yellow by petra haden and bill frisell as featured on the OC. i really really like them.. granted.. i like the songs in original form... but they're very soothing for me. weird huh.

speaking of the OC.. i know you probably didn't think i watched it, but i have started to get into to it more and more. i blame mana and my sister. not so much my sister because even when she made me record those dvd's for her, i got into it a little, but still kicked the habit. but i watched the OC a little because mana was talking about it, and now i'm a little hooked... i want to know what happens with johnny and marissa, and i really like summer. okay okay. i'll stop gushing.. but having it on tivo helps because i can watch it when there's nothing better to do. it's not a religious thursday night ritual, so i'm not that far gone yet. another show i have been obsessed with lately is days of our lives. !!! hahah.. i haven't watched for awhile and a lot of things changed, BUT they brought back austin and THEN brought back carrie. MY FAVORITE PEOPLE EVAR. i know i sound really lame right now, but they were my favorites, they're the perfect couple, the reason why i will forever hate alison sweeney no matter what. it doesn't hurt that austin is like the hottest ever (even when he was in that Ross commercial... hahahha). i remember when me and angelee would sit on the phone together and just watch days of our lives. silent during the show with the occasional scream or gasp here and there, and the gab during commercials. when we were away at college sometimes i would tape the show and send it to her when she wasn't able to catch it. and i remember when austin accidentally hit sami with his car i was so deliriously happy i think i rewound and watched that moment 3 or 4 times. evil huh? that's how much we hate sami. but anyways.. it's slow and dragging and i love tivo for this reason as well. i fast forward through all the other story lines and just watch the austin/nicole/sami/carrie/lucas story line. funny enough even with the fast forwarding i can still comprehend the other story lines because it moves that slow. i haven't been keeping up on my passions though - i wonder what's going on with ethan/gwen/theresa? that was always my favorite storyline there.

i told myself i'd go to bed by 2am.. but now it's 2:07.. i should probably go. wish me luck in my first day... this week i will be training and hopefully i'll "get it" luckily, even though this girl is leaving, the girl who was in the position before her is still there so she will be getting a lot of my phone calls. hahaha. good thing she's also my friend.. she'll be getting a nice christmas present. haha.

i watched the chronicles of narnia today with my dad. funny.. he had been talking about it for weeks, and so i thought he really wanted to see it. my mom's not much of a movie person, so i have to be my dad's movie date or else i think he doesn't really watch many movies. which is fine because i don't really go out that much either. but it's funny because i think my dad bases how good movies will be based on how they do on the "hollywood stock exchange" (hsx.com) it's this thing my sister got us into awhile back where movies and actors are a stock and you can buy/trade etc etc and they make money. it's fake and fun and i stopped keeping up with it a LONG time ago, but my dad is still going strong. he told me that the narnia stock went up $20 today. haha... he never read the books though, that's why i wanted to see it. initially i wasn't interested, but i slowly came around. i think it was pretty good, definitely not a "kid's" movie, but young adult.. that's how the book is anyways right? my parents are also very funny in missing the "point" of movies. my dad was saying something like "see they should tell kids not to go hang out with strangers" when lucy first goes off with mr. thomas. and then after the movie was over my dad was like "this movie is not good because it teaches kids to run off, and also to fight" hahaha.. maybe not like that verbatim.. but that was his point. i said that they had to fulfill the prophecy and their fate, and he was just like "eh". hahahah.. next weekend i think we have a date to see aeon flux :) smiley face because that's the movie my company worked on.. yay!! i've heard conflicting things about the movie, and not like we make more money based on how the movie did, but i'm still interested. i'm sure my dad just wants to go to see charlize in a tight suit :P but it'll be cool to see my co-workers names in the credits. i saw a few people i know who worked on narnia's names in the credits... exciting :P

i want to do something really fun for new years. like a "go big or go home" kind of fun. haha.. any ideas? i have one, but i don't know how it's going to pan out. especially because i don't know what a lot of my friends are doing, two friends are leaving on a big trip the next day - may not be up for partying, one may have to be working, others may already have plans of their own. last new years i hung out with a couple and basically watched them (and everyone else) make out all night. that was fun.... not. :P anyways.. maybe it'll just be me and dick clark rockin it (does he even still do it?) i dunno.. i've been kind of out of the "really fun things to do" ideas. 2006 might be spent ringing it in with my family.. which isn't a bad thing.. but usually means my mom downstairs watching tv, my dad on the computer, my cousin in his room across the hall (although he may be out with his friends.. more exciting plans than me.. haha) and me in my room and my 13" tv. awesome huh? someone save me.

2:14 time for sleep.. if i sleep until 8am (absolute latest i can..) i can still get almost 6hrs of sleep :)

look at the stars, look how they shine for you

No comments: