Tuesday, June 03, 2008

so it's day -1 at new job. i don't officially start until the 16th - but they're going on a shoot next week and wanted to me to get lay of the land today.

it's daunting to come into a new environment. while i'm on a lot, i'm not really an employee of the lot, and that's weird to me too. it's hard not knowing where everything is already, but i'm sure i'll have a few days to poke around... maybe. hopefully i get a tour. and i heard there's a gym on the lot - maybe i'll use it. maybe.

there are pros and cons to everything. (note: these really are minor things and meant to be for your amusement only.) i'm gonna have to get used to washing my own dishes and possibly making pots of coffee myself. although the fridge is stocked way better, and i can eat pretty much anything in it without someone sending angry emails to "life" about how their food got stolen. i also got lunch provided for me today, so score 1 point for new job. i also sat through a session and took notes, which isn't the funnest, but could be educational. plus i'll get to hear sexy british accents during conference calls.

i was a little freaked out this morning, but i think that it's gonna be okay. i got my new ID badge (still awful) and a parking sticker. this will be good. and if not (but it will!), it's for 5 months. i can deal for 5 months right? or it might just be the best thing that happened to me... check me out in november :P

No comments: