Monday, June 02, 2008

so last week at lunch with my daddy, i got this in my fortune cookie. (in which i totally used my method for selecting fortune cookies) and while i don't really believe in fortune cookies or horoscopes or stuff that foresee the future, sometimes i think part of me has a little hope. my dad got something that he said should be mine, but it wasn't this, so i was like "no, this is my fortune."

so.. i guess it kind of worked, cuz i have a new job. i haven't told a lot of people, but no one really reads this blog, and i already told my boss - so i'm safe to blog about it. :) i'm going to be working in the same field, sort of, but on the client side instead of the vendor side. so i think that hopefully it'll will a step towards the direction that i eventually want my career to move in to, or else i will decide that i don't like it, and be able to find that new career path.

i'm kind of excited, but i'm also kind of freaked out. it's my first "career" move. i will have been at my current company for 3 years 6 months and 1 week. that's kind of a long time, it'll be a big change. i've left working at jobs before, but never a career job - the gap, hockey scorekeeping, china inn, the temp job. but each time i was leaving for something that i had to leave for, or something that was definitely bigger and better, or something that was a "real" job. i've never had to leave a "real" job before... and it's weird. especially since i'm going to be doing what is basically considered a freelance position. i know that "change is good", but sometimes i don't like change. especially when it seems like what you're going towards is instability. i know i'll be fine, and i'm like 97% positive that this is a great thing for me. but like everything else, i'm always really cautious.

so long rambling cut short, i start my new job on the 11th. crazy.. cross your fingers for me. i'm taking a pay cut, so i might not be able to go out as much, but i should be trying to tone it down anyways. so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. that is if i don't get evicted for not being able to pay rent. hah.

save me i'm lost
oh lord i've been waiting for you
i'll pay any cost
save me from being confused
show me what i'm looking for
show me what i'm looking for

No comments: