Tuesday, January 18, 2005

so everyone's "invited" to the president of our company's birthday party - except me. well i was invited.. but i can't go because i'm chained to the desk. fun. it's okay i didn't need cake and soda and good times anyways :P i'll just listen to the laughter from here. jk. last week they were having a "wrap party" sort of.. kind of like playing loud music and drinking and afterwards they brought pizza and more drinks. i couldn't go to the social event during work hours.. but afterwards they were like "have some pizza!" but i couldn't because i had to go home to have dinner with my parents because it was their 30th wedding anniversary!! crazy huh?! :) and cute. i hear clapping, singing happy birthday and cheering.. i swear i'm not missing out on anything :P

so i didn't know it was my parent's wedding anniversary, let alone their 30th and my co-worker dubbed me "the worst daughter of the year." gee that's great thanks. but yea, so i had made plans to go out with some friends, and my mom that morning says "you're not coming home for dinner tonight?" and i'm like "no... why?" and my mom doesn't say anything. this should be clue #1, but i just think that my mom is trying to tighten my noose a little more so i trot off to work. later i call my sister to see if i can spend some time with her before i go out in santa monica, because i didn't want to drive home from venice and then back up to santa monica. my sister says "i'm going to go hang out with my parents on their 30th wedding anniversary".. me: "ohhh.. shit" are you kidding me?! plus. i didn't have my cell phone either - so i'm glad i called my sister to see if i could slum it at her house - or else i would have been toast. i re-arranged my plans and went home for dinner. i was scared that my mom would be angry, but i think she was glad that i had changed my plans and "chose" her over my friends or something like that.. or maybe i was just under the sheild of my sister.. but it was a nice night. we ate at home and the sat around and chatted for bit. it wasn't a big deal, but yet still very nice in the quality time kind of way :) it gave me warm fuzzies. after that i picked up carol, dropped off my sister, and was on our way to gotham hall. we like that place because the drinks are strong.. it puts even the stronger drinkers (we know at least) out.. well that is if they want to be of course :P nicole and luc were pretty "happy" by the time i got there... i'm not quite sure how much ryan, beth, paul or andy had.. but they seemed composed.. but carol and i decided to catch up and take 5 shots in 40 minutes... because we weren't "feeling it".. but oh did we feel it later. hah. i really didn't want to leave, but they closed, and then we went on a wild goose chase and finally ended up at norms for some sobering up food. i didn't realize by the time we were done it was like 4am. so much for being home early. but i didn't have work the next day and it was a 3 day week.. so why not huh? it put me out for the rest of the weekend though - i can tell you that. but i had a good time.. thanks nicole for your "need" to get out. :) you recognize my need before i even know i need it.

saturday i slept in, woke up, ate lunch, and took another nap. great huh? i was going to have a productive evening, but ended up just grabbing dinner and renting a movie instead. sunday was a "cleaning" day.. although it's more like reorganizing and shifting piles.. because my room isn't really clean.. but it's a "deep" clean.. from the inside out right? now my inside is all over my floor though. monday was supposed to be a clean day too.. but it was more a sit around and watch tv kind of day. i went to lunch with my parents, napped in the car, lazed at home, then went to costco and then it was night already! yikes... more tv and then some chores and then it was time for bed. the time just flies by.

yay.. they brought me birthday cake... and it's almost time to go home. there are only so many things on ebay i can bid on, so many times i can check my email and so many blogs to read. so update people, several times.. and give me some entertainment :) oh ps.. has anyone done traffic school online lately? do you have to do it in a certain amount of time? all in one sitting? i'm trying to figure out if it's something i can do while at work :) see.. i'm trying to be productive :)

guy at my work: "oh you have milk too"
me: "i'm a thinker"
guy: "that's quite the upgrade"
me: "and it's in a beer cup too"
guy: "now that's classy"

No comments: