Thursday, January 13, 2005

so i am scared and excited all at the same time. i just finalized the order and gave up my credit card number for my new computer. ack!! it's my first big purchase by myself. a small investment i suppose... am i really growing up? or is this just my shopping habits taking over. i can "justify" it and say that it's an investment for a future career path... so i hope it works out well :) i am excited to be the new owner of a brand new computer that wasn't refurbished or used or a hand me down and it'll be all mine. i am paying for it all at once (well after i pay my credit card bill) which is going to severely drain my savings account... so i better start bringing my lunches (when i'm not getting them free of course :P) and not go out as much. i should start picking up extra shifts and call my managers at the gap again. do i want to work 7 days a week? maybe i have to, to cover this deficit. although that's what "savings" are for... i just will have to recouperate. i will spend my time healing it front of the glow of my new 20 inch monitor :P i think i'm gonna name it. hehe.

the downside is that i will probably use the itunes on that system.. instead of my dad's computer (which is dying because he tries to pretend he knows how to fix computers but can't) and since apple has made it that you can only sync up your ipod with one computer (to prevent music pirating) i will have to re-do all of my stuff on my ipod. oh well.. sounds like a good new hobby :P

but in other exciting news i got my first paycheck today! of course not my "first" ... but my "first" from my first "real" job! whoooooo!! it's a little exciting :) okay.. it's a lot exciting. i get excited easily over little things :) it's also more than i expected and more than my last job.. which is always pleasant on both counts. we get paid bi-weekly though so my next paycheck won't be for another 2 weeks, but will be double the amount this week. my question is, does that mean they will take more taxes out because it's a higher total amount and thus resulting percentage is more? or do the realize that it's over two weeks and they just take out your earnings of each week and then add them together? is my next paycheck going to be double this amount? or a little less. can some of my smart successful more knowledgeable friends help me out here? be good for something besides making me feel bad :P

anyways.. a little while ago i was b-o-r-e-d. my boss walked by and i put on my best "i'm not bored" face.. but he just came to chit chat and ask me how i was. he asked me if it was as slow as he warned me, and i smiled and said yes. but he's really nice and cool about it so it makes it okay, if not better. he told me that he thought i was doing really well, and that he was glad that i was here. so that was nice. positive reinforcement is always great... my mom should learn that :P but i do know that there is a better pay off in the end.. and i am learning things.. like last night i went to a script reading and gave feedback.. and that was kind of exciting. although i did feel very intimidated surround by "industry" folk who probably actually "really" knew what they were talking about, opposed to my *nsync loving, gap wearing, mainstream pop culture views :P but I AM the target audience. jk. but it was neat. i just didn't want to be the overly talkative "new girl" who answers the phones but thinks she knows everything. i am belittling myself a little too much here... but you all know what i mean. i learned what a "bake off" is, i learned about different producers and production companies, and i'm learning how to effectively screen calls :P hopefully.

yay.. six more minutes and then i get to go home and face the wrath of my mother :P she is being a real pain in the ass lately. hopefully i can go home and keep my temper in check and be the great responsible loving daughter and clean and wash dishes and all that other junk. be sweet, make her happy, and she won't be so grouchy won't treat me too horribly on saturday, when i don't come home tomorrow night because i'm whoring it up.. i mean, "out" with nicole :P i will probably under house arrest all weekend "cleaning" and being bitched out.. so feel free to call and try to save me and my sanity. i know my mom has the best intentions... but sometimes she's so demanding and overbearing and a little ridiculous. argh.. okay. *happy thoughts... breathe, smile.

have a good day kiddos! and although it's not raining it's furrreezing cold.. i don't know what's better. it wasn't this cold when it was raining though.. that's for sure.

No comments: