Saturday, January 19, 2002

You know Maureen from Centerstage? How she said that honesty was the best policy when it came to your friends? And then Eva said that explains why you have so many... I really think that's true. You piss off a lot of people when you don't appease them, or you tell them what you really think. And granted, I like my friends to tell me that I'm right, or to agree with me or support me. But sometimes it's also good to tell them what you think. So, really, it's another one of those lose/lose situations, because sometimes one's not necessarily better than the other. But I guess it also depends on what the issue at hand is. Like Anna Williams has said.. that people only find truth in what they believe. But really, when you're brutally honest, does telling the truth outweigh the consequences?

I guess I'm getting all philosophical (in my own way) because I've had a lot of time to think about things. I'm not very good with dealing with difficult situations, and I guess I tend to do it in a more so of childish way of just ignoring it. But then, it gets bigger and just eats away at you (or me in this case) so then what do you do? I really want to make myself happy, and put me first, but when that comes at the expense of other's happiness, is it okay to do that?

One last thing. Being drunk isn't an excuse for anything. And I've heard that excuse being way too conviniently lately. Maybe you shouldn't drink if you can't handle the consequences, or the reactions from others. Or maybe you should learn to control yourself while under the influence. I'm not saying like being prim and proper while imbibing alcoholic beverages, but there are certain lines that people shouldn't cross, and then say, well it was because I was drunk. I'm really not someone who can be going around telling others what they should do, because it's not like I'm perfect or anything. But I guess I've just heard it enough in the past week to be annoyed by it to blog about it.

Today I had class (which I was actually on time for.. good job me), went to the Kiwanis Luncheon, more class, a nap, an audition, and then work. The men's volleyball team lost to USC (sucky) and I almost got hit with flying volleyballs or players diving after them multiple times, but still I love my job. It was good time, I can't wait to go to a game that I'm not working so I can cheer. Too bad I have to miss the Pepperdine game. Something funny though is that the player that I thought was super-hot and was all excited because he went to a high school near me is actually one of Kimmy's high school friend's boyfriend. (did you get all that) It was amusing when Kimmy told me about her friend... sad, but funny... this guy was super hot... *sigh.. I'm so pathetic. Tomorrow I'm driving home with Lala, so I must commence with the packing and cleaning and laundry that I've put off since I've gotten back. Heck maybe I can even get some reading or papers done. Boo. I have my board pre-meeting tomorrow night, meeting Sunday morning, and then family and friends in Torrance until Tuesday. I hope I have a good time.

No comments: