Thursday, July 31, 2003

so i've been in this really weird mood today. i don't know if it's because i woke up at 4pm today or what.. but i'm just really off. i woke up rather late today, had a simple lunch and turned on the computer for some good 'ol job hunting. i screened my phone calls and am in this very low key mood. and not wanting to deal with lots of drama or anything down.. but i guess that's how people are all the time. but i feel like i'm in this passive place, where i'm not really myself..it's weird i can't really explain- but as i sit here at 3:30am chatting with manny about money.. i'm hoping by the time i finish this blog i'll be ready for bed. i really screwed up my sleeping schedule.. and i think the past few days have made me quite exhausted.. too much for my own good. i'm almost a little glad my oakland trip fell through because then i can just chillax and study for my cbest. which by the way i have found that my reading comprehension is atrocious.. it was always bad.. but never this bad!! i have lots of studying to do. i guess all that not reading in college was detrimental. i am not looking forward to this test.. i hate the fact that my mom is making me take it. another 4 hours of standardized testing. i thought i was done with those forever. 4 hours of my life i won't be able to get back. oh well.. 4 hours to make my mom happy, wouldn't it be funny if i didn't pass? actually it would be pretty sucky, because then it would prove that college made me stupider. (yes i know that's not a real word).

my interview was okay... it was kind of weird..and i felt like i was getting myself into some sort of pyramid/2by2/get your friends to come to bars so we can make money kind of thing. i mean.. it was legit i suppose, if i got the full time job there is benefits and what not. but the hoops i had to jump through are a bit fishy. but maybe i'll still try it anyways... and who knows.. i might like it. i just wonder how i'll explain this "interview" to my parents. afterwards i milled around hollywood, visited my old internship, shopped at amoeba music.. which is a pretty cool place. lots of cool things and i got stand by me and swing kids on tape and the maroon5 cd for pretty cheap. later i waited for a long time for the pepsi smash tv taping because they wouldn't let me get tickets until vivian got there, but it was all good because we got on the floor anyways. and it kind of sucks because they turned away like 125 people, some of which got there way before us. sorry kids.

pepsi smash was pretty cool. a little mini concert. i liked most of the artists.. but if they had switched staind with simple plan, and pharell with michelle branch, i would have been a happy camper. but it was good nonetheless, and super empty due to the fire marshall nazi who wouldn't let them put the other 125 in there. sucky. jason mraz was excellent, maroon5 was good, mya was more enjoyable that i thought. but their sound was weird and i couldn't always hear what was going on. it was pretty good though.. so thanks vivian for letting me tag along. it was good because i got really close to the stage and it was like being at a big rock show with a cool stage and big lights without being smushed by all the crazy fans. although i am partially deaf in my ears by the girl screaming behind me. i wanted to smack her.

today i slept and chilled. and went to dinner with my parents. we eat out a lot more than we used to than when i was little. i just noticed that. it's not that we have more money.. i guess my parents have just gotten used to being alone.. and its better to just go out than eat leftovers all the time. i had korean bbq and tofu.. it was yummy. all topped by the melon flavored gum.. i love that gum.

i came home and started to do some stuff on the computer.. and 6 hours later.. here i am. with nothing really accomplished. where did all the time go? i've become quite lame and boring and very lazy. even moreso that before.. and i thought it wasn't possible. maybe i should just go get that job at the gap or friday's.. to get me off my ass. but there are so many things that i need to do that haven't been done. like write that letter to my sheisty apartment complex, get new eyeglasses, pick up my contacts, clean my room, clean the house, study for my cbest. yikes.. so many things to do, so much time, and yet i don't.. i'm horrible,

No comments: