Monday, April 22, 2002

hmm.. not much to say. well i guess there's a lot to say, but no one out there to hear it. anyways.. i'm currently "out of town" and doing family stuff. it's kind of nice to be able to take a break from all the madness that is my life, but also sucky because i know that when i get back i'll have a lot to make up for. On Thursday night I did go to the Jason Mraz show at Java Joe's. I was supposed to go with Vivian but she had to clean her house for inspection, I scrambled around to find anyone that could go with me and finally went by myself. It was good though because Aran was there so I chilled with him and his friends. It was an awesome like always, so I'm really glad that I went. Friday I did the class thing and went to the Kiwanis Luncheon. We got there late and all they had left was fruit.. oops. Worked later on that night at the UCSD vs. SDSU women's water polo game. It was a heartbreaking game because we were up the entire time and it seemed like we were kicking their ass, but then they caught up and tied the game in the 4th quarter, and the upped us. And then Courtney drew a 4M and Emma made the goal and tied the game with like 17 seconds and everyone was super happy. And then SDSU made a goal with 3 seconds left and we lost. It was so sad, and Dana was all pissed because her suit was ripped because she was getting beat down in 2 meter and the refs weren't calling anything. And the whole team was crying. yikes. So I dropped off the stats at the ICA office and reconciled the score sheet to clear up so stuff and didn't get out of there until like 8pm. Went home, finished packing and drove to LA at like 11:30pm. I was running so late. Chatted on the phone a bit to keep myself awake, and when I got home I totally just crashed. Woke up early the next morning, went to the eye doctor and dentist. good news.. I'm getting really cute glasses... Bad news.. I had to sit while they filled a cavity that was caused by my wisdom teeth.. which sucked. But anyways.. came home, helped ma finish her packing and then got dropped off at the airport.
My mom and I flew together and it was an okay plane trip. The plane was pretty empty so we slept a lot. I watched Harry Potter and Shallow Hal and parts of Kate and Leopold. I enjoyed Harry Potter a lot more than I originally thought I would. I really like it actually. Arrived in Taiwan where my daddy and Uncle Tony picked us up. I was really excited to see my dad.. it was weird.. but he's been not shaving while he's been here and has the beginnings of a beard and a mustache. It's odd and I told him he looked ugly. haha.. I was looking at him today and it's weird because his beard it black and white, but you can't really see the white parts.. so sometimes it just looks like he has random small patches of black hair on his chin. hah.. I hope he shaves when he gets home. Went to my grandmother's house and said hello to my aunts and uncles, and went back to my mom's brother's place to sleep and shower. Came back to my grandma's place this morning and spent the day there, napping, reading, listening to relatives talk. Chit chatted with my cousin (who is engaged!) and talked about her wedding, the cake and my other cousin who is engaged too!, Tonight we went to the night market to buy some white shoes. People must have thought we were funny buying like 8 pairs of the same shoe in all different sizes. But I ate some food (since I had slept through dinner), night market food is always yummy, and bought some hair clips (to replace all the ones I've broken) and even got some VCD's! hehe.. yay.. illegal movies. You guys are all going to laugh, but I bought Crossroads.. (hahahahaha), A Beautiful Mind, Harry Potter, Seredipity, Kate and Leopold, Panic Room and my mom got E.T. I'm kind of excited.. at least I hope they work! Rode the bus back to my uncle's and now I'm just kind of chillin.
I guess it's kind of weird being here.. for a couple of reasons. I was here in August, so everything seems kind of familiar, even though it's not. And although it should be kind of fun that our entire family is here, and that we're seeing all our relatives, the circumstances under which we gather isn't really something to celebrate. When I first went into my grandmother's house, there's a little alter set up for my grandfather and there's a large picture sitting on top of it. And it's something pretty traditional, but I guess it just makes me sad because it's a constant reminder. While I was trying to do some reading today I'd catch myself staring at it, and at his picture and I dunno.. just thinking about him I guess. And also it's sad to see my grandmother, so was always so cute and happy and had a sparkle in her eye, and now she just always looks so sad, I haven't seen her smile once, and I dunno.. if I was that upset when I my first told me, I can't really imagine what she must be feeling 24/7. My aunt was crying today and my cousin was getting misty and later as we were talking she said that it's hard to see her mom like this and it sucked because it was their 30th wedding anniversary, and they couldn't celebrate it, and that my grandfather couldn't be here to see his only daughter celebrate it. I guess it's easier for me a little bit because my dad's not real emotional. But I was also thinking how my parents are in this constant at odds. I'm sure things will be better.. at least I hope. It's been a little bit harder than I thought it would be, and who knows how Wednesday and Thursday will be for me. My sister's plane comes in a five hours or so, but I probably won't see her until later this afternoon, but I know she'll cheer me up. It also didn't help to have some moron IM me today and say retarded things to me. It didn't really matter much to me what she said because I could give a crap less about what she has to say, but she just thoroughly annoyed me because of her stupidity and just her raunchy personality. But I guess it's just something I should let go because stuff like that and people like her don't really matter, and real things like my family and friends do. And then I guess I catch myself thinking about either how it'll be when what's hapenning to my dad happens to me, how I'll handle it, or how I'll feel and how my sister and I will deal with it, or how I would feel when if I lost my husband. This seems like such a far out concept because I'm so far away from that point of marriage, (and seems even weirder since my cousin is so close), but I dunno.. I guess it's just one of those things everyone has to go through. It's just odd because this is my first, and I wonder how many more times this will happen and if I'll be able to get through them all.

No comments: