Monday, April 04, 2005

gosh.. i don't even know when's the last time i posted about "my life" like a this is what i did, there is where i went, and this is what i ate. (i know you miss that last part, especially pete :P) but don't worry.. i won't bore you with the long saga that would take forever to read and write (more importantly).. or maybe that would just make me even more tired than i am on this monday morning. grrr... monday.

last week this guy left our work, and we had had previous conversations about how he doesn't really like sweets, or cheesecake that my boss buys everyone for their birthday. but he did like big macs.. so i made him a "cheeseburger cake" i forgot that burger patties shrink when cooked, so it didn't turn out to be the 9inch masterpiece i had hoped for.. but it basically came out a giant cheeseburger. but it was fun and the guy liked it.. so everything works out eh? i took pictures for your viewing pleasure as well. or maybe i just wanted a giant cheeseburger on my blog :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


my biggest dilemma was how was i going to get a "giant bun" i thought about just using pieces of white bread fitted together, but that would be messy. or i thought about buying that pilsbury dough in the tube and trying to make a bun out of that. i had my moment of eureka when i saw the giant sourdough buns. i ideally wanted to make the burger that big, but since i over estimated the size of the patties, i actually ended having to cut off the bread all around the bun. but... the patties was over a pound of meat, so i figured it didn't need to be any bigger. i think maybe i didn't keep them super thin, and maybe that's why the patties becamse smaller, because they were thicker. anyhoo.. it looked good.. who's birthday is coming up? :P

my dad came home last night. my mom was supposed to come back as well, but decided to postpone it i suppose to do some more stuff, hang out until my sister comes back. me and my dad had this "tiff" over time change and he said that i was late in picking him up because i forgot about the time change (not true) and on his itinerary and ticket it said 8:35, but he wa like "no! you should have come at 7:35! all these are wrong" hah.. sure daddy. his plane actually did land early (8:06) which is what caused him to wait - wasting his 50cents to call me to see where i was, and $3 for the parking structure fee (i miss the metered parking). if he had just called me earlier i could have just picked him up curbside.. but he thought he'd wait around. nerd.

angelee (my best friend from hs) came to town last weekend because her fam was going on a cruise to mexico. niiice. :) she came in earlier and i took the day off (slacker.. i know) so we could hang out. it was tons of fun, just driving around, seeing familiar places and just catching up. had a mini high school friends dinner and then tried to catch my work party.. but didn't quit make it in time for the free booze.. just the social company. hahah.. boo. i dragged angelee to my sister's house and made her wait for a bit for the water heater people to fix it, but she made me steal salad dressing, so i think it's fine :P

went to dave and busters last friday night. hung out with some of the old cki crowd, and of course when you put old cki'ers together, you inevitably begin talking about "the old days." haha.. it made me miss circle k a little bit, and missing volunteering and all that stuff. sure i could go candy stripe or someting (wait.. with what hours of the day?) but i do miss being in that kind of organization and being able to do all different types of projects (with my short attention span and all). and organizing stuff to do. i don't know what it is exactly. i think the project i miss most was working with the kids at the battered shelter. aww.

my gmail account now had 2gigs of space. now if only i had people who emailed me :P

i'm tired. i would love nothing more than to go home and just sleep. and it's so freezing cold outside.. despite it being super sunny. what's up with that? i miss my fleece pants. this day can not be short enough for me.

RIP jeff's mom.

No comments: