Thursday, March 28, 2002

So yeah.. now it's Thursday morning.. and I'm really done. Like.. officially done done.. well as Lieutenant Governor anyways. Today was my banquet, and I mean.. I wasn't really sad, because I think I had already thought about the sadness part so much already. *sigh.. that was during convention, before I even got retired.. but at the pre-board mtg, and at the board meeting, and all that weekend, I just started to realize, this is it... I'm not going to be on the District Board anymore, ever .. again. sad huh? Everyone kept asking me if I was sad, and like.. I was just kind of like.. not really. I mean.. I'm not so much a girly girl, and I didn't cry and convention and I didn't cry tonight, but tonight was really good... I think it was because all of my friends were there to help me celebrate. I was so surprised that so many people wanted to come, maybe because it was right after convention, maybe it was because Hawaii was there.. it's definitely not because all of them loved me, some of them maybe, but not all of them. :P I don't know.. it was all very weird. But let me back up.

Tuesday- I went to the dentist, then drove back down to SD. I feel really bad because my mom's super pissed at me right now.. and I think it's combination of being pissed at me and being dissapointed in me maybe. I wasn't home all weekend, and then went out again on Sunday night, then went out again Monday night, and left for SD on Tuesday.. so really I haven't spent any time at home and I think that makes her sad, and the way she reacts is by getting mad at me. I felt super bad last week because my dad had called and wanted to talk to me, and asked me when I was coming home and I was trying to explain to him how I was coming home, but leaving again and then coming back.. and he was all like "yeah yeah I know you're busy." Like they've accepted all the times I've come home after Circle K weekends and just slept but not really gotten to see me. When Joe made his farewell speech my freshman year he totally talked about how his parent's house became like a motel for him, just a place to stop or just a place to sleep, and I totally know what he means now. But anyways.. came back, showered, and then went with Kimmy to Canes to see MEST. They played with some bands named Inspection 12 and Whippersnapper. We really liked Inspection 12 and were going to get their CD, but they were all sold out by the time we got to it. But MEST was really good and I totally like them I got the lead singer to sign the sticker I bought.. haha.. whatevers. Then ate In N Out with Gibbler and chit chatted about our least favorite subject boys. She's kinda having a tough time right now, and sometimes it makes me wonder if it's really worth it.. but then again I think, I'm not even at that point, and when is it my turn? *sigh* I guess I just have to be patient and it will come to me.. that's what everyone says anyways. Then came back home and talked on the phone with Mike and then went to bed. - interesting eh?

Today! I woke up rather early because I had to change the food order.. for some reason I counted wrong and thought that there were going to be way more people, so I bumped up the food, but I realized I counted wrong.. but it was already too late. dah well. Ran around like a fool trying to get banquet stuff done and was WAY WAY WAY late in starting.. I started it on Jean time.. hahahahaha whatever. Sorry guys.. but the food was alright. We had chafing dishes for serving and on the bottom were these canned heat things. So Ryan Billings and Lan started to light them with their cigarette lighters from the car and pieces of notebook paper... I nearly had a heart attack and in my mind I saw the whole place burning down and realized that I was going to lose a lot more than my deposit.. but I guess they're pros because it was all done with. People ate, I ran my DCM and the Banquet, gave out awards (thanks Armando for the 50 million times I asked you for help), and then got gel frosting squirted on me and my dress, Kathy saved me from being thrown into the pool (thank you Kathy) only to be "caked" by Joel in my hair... yeah.. in my hair. Sick.. that is the worst place ever.. it's way worse than the time in 5th grade were some seagull pooped on me on a whale watching trip where I didn't see any whales. I felt like I had a whole head full of pigeon poop. Anyways.. I went back an showered and changed.. it was okay.. I lived. Sakura came back to see if I was okay and stayed while I showered.. what a sweetie. Went back, showed the talent videos, gave my little farewell speech and cleaned up. Everyone just kinda mingled and talked and we all took pictures. Overall it was a really good night and I'm really lucky to have had so much support and so many really good friends who were willing to drive down to SD for some sloppy food and a banquet that didn't even start on time where they even had to sit on the floor. But it was kind of like a big party. I felt kinda bad though because I was saying a lot of things wrong and people were correcting me, and I felt really bad.. I was tired.. sorry. But tonight towards the end as the crowd got thinner and thinner, and people helped me clean up and we just talked I realized that my friends are awesome. I'm really glad that I was on District Board this year because I got to meet some amazing people that I feel like I'll talk to for a long time to come. And people who really care and help when you need it. So for all of you thanks.. I love you. haha I even got presents.. I felt like it was my birthday party. Thanks to John for getting this really cool candle/dolphin stand.. it's so pretty. Thanks to Holly for getting me a really cute picture frame. Thanks to Sakura for buying me super gorgeous flowers and thanks to those two big nerds Beth and Nicole who bought me a Britney Spears doll and Mary Kate and Ashley glitter spray. hahahaha.. I love those geeks. It's so funny though because more and more I've been hearing people's first impressions of me, or like when they first met me stories.. and a good majority of the people think I'm weird, or crazy or annoying.. or all three. That's not so good.. hmm.. What's going on? oh well.. people think that, but I guess if they stick around long enough to really know me, then it's good, and if they don't... then they can go screw themselves.. *whatever.. I do what I want.* I dunno.. so much more to say.. but i'm tired.. so i'll continue this later.. but I have to say..

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JOAN!!

No comments: