Friday, June 14, 2002

wow.. so I've really screwed up my sleeping pattern this week. it's 6:33am and I'm not really tired. I ate dinner at like 11:30pm, and umm.. I dunno. Anyways.. so I did end up going out.. hahah.. I went out to dinner with Michele and brought along Vivian and Angie.. who we picked up from the Pike party. okay..so anyways.. we at dinner, and the waitress was bad news bears. I mean.. granted.. she had like an entire section to cover.. but really.. she should be used to it.. I mean.. it's HER section. She was way late in bringing our drinks, didn't refill them, and our food wasn't like it usually is (which i know isn't her fault.. but adds to the whole unpleasantness of the evening), and she herself wasn't so nice. I know.. i know.. I wouldn't say I was a demanding customer, I just know what I want... and that's kind of their job to give it to the customers.. I mean.. heck.. WAITers. And it's not like I'm rude about it or anything. I dunno.. I just know if it was my first time there, I wouldn't really wanted to have gone back. Oh and on top of all of that.. she was talking smack about us to a table full of people who work there but were off, so they were glaring at us all night, and glared at us when we left.. I guesss... So whatevers.. that was my second restaurant experience (shut up Carrie).

Stopped by the Pike party for a little bit and took care of a way drunk Allen, and then came home. chit chatted, finished my paper (although it needs to be intensely edited), and watched the US get their butts wiped by Portugal, but oddly enough, they are still advancing to the second round.. weird how things work like that huh?

So anyways.. giving it some thought.. this is the last "official" day of school... so that means.. by the end of today.. I'll be a SENIOR.. god.. it's the weirdest thing. I mean.. not really so much as it is in high school because it's a much smaller atmosphere (and there are tons of super seniors and grad students around so you're not all big and bad and tough)... but like.. it's still kind of trippy to know that you're a fourth year, and that you'll be graduating college and forced to go out into the real world. wow.. how strange is that. *don't tell my parents* but when i went to academic advising they told me that i was three classes away from graduating.. so I could have taken those three classes this summer and walked THIS JUNE. wow.. how weird would that have been? I mean.. like.. it would have been kind of fun.. to say something like.. "oh yeah.. i graduated in three years" but at the same time.. i wanted to have a "senior year" in college, and enjoy it with all my friends, and graduate with my friends.. and i think the most deciding factor was... that i couldn't be president of circle k.. haha. not. no but really.. I don't think that I was ready to be put out into the work force yet. I mean.. 20 years old and working for the rest of your life already? geez. I haven't done so many things.. plus the fact that I have NO experience whatsoever.. i'd die.. and just wish i was back in college again.. so why not? ehh.. I don't know.. it's a weird weird feeling... and I know that if I had told my parents they would have pressured me or got really angry for being selfish and taking a fourth year.. but i'm just not ready you know... i need to be a college kid still.. heck.. i'm immature enough for it.. hahaha.. jk. i wanted to play with my friends, enjoy college life, maybe this year i won't have to be so bogged down by classes that I will really have time for myself :) or i'll take some classes that i really want to take, instead of ones that I just have to take, enjoy my learning experience yah know? broaden the horizons. i was thinking about taking chinese again, or picking up spanish again.. (ahaha.. someone suggested both.. do you know how much bitch-work that would be?).. I'll probably pick up a theater minor... hehe.. maybe I can even *gasp* raise my grades.. hahahahaha.. so yeah.. these are things i think about at 6:46 in the morning.. great yeah?

No comments: