Wednesday, February 02, 2005

happy february!!

yikes... there are times where it feels like time is going so slow. like.. a week ago when i went to annie & pete's show... seems like SO long ago.. but it seems like time has flown since my trip to taiwan, i can barely even remember it happened. anyways... it's february.. and this my 4th week at my new job. exciting exciting.. kind of. :P i'm still antsy about the whole "when am i going to be staff" bit... but all in due time i guess. i hope sooner rather than later. today my boss wanted to talk to me.. and i had all sorts of good and bad scenarios in my head.. but it turned out to be good. not "it" but good. :P

i've started to think more and more about moving out.. just so i can be closer to work.. because traffic is a bitch.. i hate it. i also hate that guilty feeling when i go out too much and not spending enough time that i feel that i am obliged to spend at home. but at the same time i might be too lonely at home by myself... since i'm not sure about the roomie thing. plus.. it might be nice to live alone. BUT.. who has the money to move out? certainly not me. well.. i have money, and i'd probably survive if i have to.. but just barely.. and i'd save probably no money.

i hate tax season for a different reason than most.. just because i get all my w-2's.. this year it's 4 from all the different jobs i had.. or maybe more are coming.. it seems like i should have more. but... the depressing part is that i open up my w-2's and see all the money that i have "supposedly" made during the year.. and i wonder where it has all gone. especially me with no real costs like car, food, rent, utilities.. etc etc... i wonder why i have none of the potential thousands of dollars i have earned. what is up with that my friends?

it is either my laziness or my new strategy.. is that i hold my paychecks.. and don't cash them so i can't spend them. then i deposit a bunch of them all together and it's like "wow!! i have so much money!!" but that's being because i'm losing accruing interest :P and really.. this isn't a plan.. just me being too lazy to go to a bank. those drive through atms across the street from school and my house in san diego spoiled me.

the end of last week was fun. hung out with sakura and did our "yay you got your first paycheck now take me out to dinner" ritual. funny though because she treated me last year.. and it took me a whole year later to make it happen. oh well.. we drank, ate good food and chatted. we got buzzed off of one drink (each).. how wussy of us.. maybe our stomachs were empty? but we had to sit in chili's and wait for it to wear off a bit. and i told her about the chili's waiter who me, beth and benji had one night... too bad we didn't get him again.. but i told him all his funny stories, so we'd giggle everytime he passed by. i wonder if he remembers us.. or if he just tells his sob stories to anyone who will listen to get more tips.

saturday i spent hanging out at my sister's putting shows onto dvd for her. it gives me the chance to watch most of the shows i watch anyways (plus cable) so.. it's not that big of a deal. it is a little time consuming because i have to go over there and it just seems to take longer when i'm watching a whole weeks worth of tv in one shot... but... technically it's time i would have spent watching tv during the week, just rescheduled. that night philly and lisa were in town for the ray lamontagne show... who i haven't heard myself but i've heard great things about him (that's for you pete.. check him out.. hahah) and so i was way excited to met up with them for dinner where we had the WEIRDEST waitress and crazy plate snatching bus boys. but the food was yummy, so i guess we'll just chalk it up to dinner entertainment. what was also entertaining was that i had some posters for philly in the backseat, but forgot i needed to seat 3 in the car, so philly someone managed to squeeze herself in the backseat with the posters to and from dinner.. but not without much hilarity. it was WINDY and cold that night though... so i didn't want to spend too much time outside. the wind almost chopped off my leg when it blew my car door shut. yikes. sunday was work pretty much all day. an added shift in the morning, a regular shortened shift in the afternoon and then another added shift at night. i am trying to make up for buying my computer and accessories, paying the red-light ticket, and all my other ridiculous expenditures.. i might help out with evals this weekend and next.. we shall see.

sunday after i came home from work i had to clean, but that left me with like 3 hrs of sleep.. so needless to say i was but tired. i came home and my dad, uncle and cousin had already gone out to eat without me (bastards!) so i just went upstairs and went to sleep. at 7:45pm.... crazy. slept until the next morning and went to work again. it all seems so routine.. i don't want to get stuck in a rut. so yea.. that's my life now..work and sleep. i don't know why i haven't quit the other jobs yet.. i don't want to. it's weird. i love and hate being so busy. because you know.. that i would be just sitting on my ass at home if i didn't have all those extra jobs to go to.. so at least i have a purpose.

next week is chinese new year :) year of the rooster.. that's me! haha.. does that mean i'll get extra money for it being my year? yea right. oh well..i rearranged my schedule to have the big chinese new year dinner with relatives, and maybe we will have a big blow out since my taiwan relatives are in town and it's a bigger deal to them. except that's the day my dad leaves for taiwan :( i am hoping that he will bring back lots of money meant for me back from my taiwan relatives.. since the cause is pretty much lost out here. oh well. that week i'm working on the night that the cute boy plays, and i'm hoping to "happen" to pass by him on my way to work.. coincidence right? hahah.. i'm a dork.. i know. or "so high school" as luc tells me. punk.

i was watching ebert & roepert on my sister's tivo last weekend and after hearing the good review that they gave my sister's movie i was excited to record it and send it to her. it made me happy because they said "the best movie of the show this week" but it made me sad because i think it was ebert said it was definitely oscar worthy... but it didn't get nominated. they were close - it was on the academy awards short list.. but didn't make the final cut. while born into brothels and super size me did.. and tupac resurrection... how much money can you make of a guy after he's dead... jeez! ehh.. i dunno.. it would have been really exciting if they got nominated... i wonder if i could have been my sister's plus one to the show.. that would have been THE BEST. in due time... but my company is nominated in a category for an oscar... i hope we win :) you should have seen everyone around here the day they were announced.. it's just like all those stories you hear about in the interviews, people calling each other in the early morning for congratulations, it was a big buzz.

i am also sad that my favoritest child star hot referree is no longer working at our rink. he freaking moved to idaho or something to work for the echl. damn you cost of living in LA. why couldn't he stay.. we could have been friends. damn he was hot. i was hoping he was just on a "break" and would come back when the season was over.. but no.. gone for good. :( maybe he'll be back later... i can only hope. i used to wish and hope that he'd be working the same games as me every week.. but i only got to work with him once or twice... boo... i bet all the girls in i-da-ho all over him. sluts :P

wow.. this was random and long. congrats to all the folks how got through it all :) it's like my tv watching habits.. instead of breaking it up into daily bits, i wait and make a big long one. :P man.. it's 4:40pm.. it needs to be 7pm already!! but it's funny.. i was telling someone that even though my hours are longer, and it never has seemed as long as it ever did at the temp job. that's a good sign right?

have a great day!!

oh and happy belated wishes to petey, erika, kimberly and ziad :)

No comments: