Friday, February 04, 2005

so i am totally a gawking 12 year old school girl..

so.. this is my "i love LA" story.

on my lunch break i figured i get some food and then try to go be a lookyloo where they're shooting the commercial. i went in for a few minutes while on my break and it was totally like "making the video" with the green screen and the cameras and the huge screens, trailers, wardrobe and craft services.. haah.. it was neat. anyways.. so i'm walking down the street and i see someone who's very shaved head looks familiar... and yes, yes it is.. it's justin timberlake. i'm wondering how i can stealthily take a picture, as i remember that i don't have a camera phone, but i do have my digital camera in my purse. can i stop him and ask to take his picture? should i just smile and keep on walking? should i ask him to sing me a song in the middle of the street? or should i just snap a picture and run away hoping he doesn't come beat me down. i also realize that we're going to cross the street at the exact same time, so i pass by him and two of his friends (i don't think bodyguards) and i was just looking at him, but trying to have it be in the friendly just want to say hi to a stranger kind of way, not the way that the screaming fan inside of me wanted to reach out, grab him, wrestle him to the ground and lick him (just kidding.) but he was looking away or at the ground.. probably trying not to make eye contact with me because he probably didn't want to encourage me. jerk.. haahh.. at least nick lachey said hi and how are you (even while he was on the phone) when i passed by him. whatever... it took all of me to not touch him.. like "accidentally" bump into him... or ask to take a picture, but i looked.. a lot. and although i tried to be smooth about it, i most definitely was not.. because as i reached the other side of the street this man says to me "that's good, don't let 'em know you're scared" and i tried to be all cool and i was like "what?" and the guy was like "i saw that look you gave him" and i just laughed said "yea" and just had the expression in my voice and on my face "duh.. because it's justin timberlake!!" i immediately called nicole to leave a hyperventilated squealing message (which is funny because she's the first person i called when i saw nick lachey) and text messaged all my other friends who i thought would be excited/care/not make too much fun of me.. and ate lunch while still jittery and excited about actually having a star sighting that i was uber excited about. i mean... i see directors at work, but it's kind of ... i don't get star struck, just intimidated. but that's also at work. i've never seen a star just out in the open.. except for that guy from the OC briefly.. but i don't really even watch the show, so no big deal right? it's just like "hey it's that guy!" if i could have snapped a picture it could have been in one of those US magazines.. "they're just like us! the cross the street!" i have seen my share of stars - more than others, but none that were this huge, and that i have seen in concert many many times. hahahah.. well only 3 (twice were *nsync)... so yea... on my way back to work (where i was hoping that i'd run into him again.. haha) kimmy called me and i told her why i sounded so happy and she properly squealed and gawked along with me. and then told me she saw jesse bradford at her gym.. hahah.. he's hot too. like i ever have a chance.. but it's nice to daydream.

No comments: