Saturday, May 18, 2002

hmm.. wow.. it feels like the week is finally over, but then.. now the weekend is half over, and the new week is starting already!! it's all too fast! yikes. annnyways. this week has be busy, and blah and tiring all at the same time. circle k stuff all over the place, meetings here, meetings there. On Thursday I went with Justin to Los Angeles to see my sister's film. It was the weirdest thing because I saw Chi there... I didn't really expect to see anyone I knew, and Justin saw a bunch of his friends from home. Interesting. I met JOHN CHO which was so exciting. I was so flabbergasted and starstruck, I felt a little lame. I got free boba, and some other junk, took tons of pictures, and met this really cool movie star chick who runs a performance school in LA. She said I could audition and take classes and what not, and like some of her students are going to be on broadway and all the teachers are like from Miss Saigon. It's really amazing.. I'm really considering it.. it seems like a really good opportunity. Maybe I can get Nicole to come with me or something.

umm.. Oh yeah.. I also saw Peter Abas on Wednesday at Ralphs.. it was the funniest thing because it was all just so random. He came down to visit his brother and yuk it up at Sun God. See.. UCSD is a great school. haha. Friday, of course, was Sun God. And for those of you who don't know... lemme explain it to ya. Our school, like any other school, puts on a big free concert every quarter. And Sun God is the one they do in the spring. But it's not JUST a concert, it's the one day that UCSD really seems to let loose and be a "party school." They usually try and get big acts to play, there's booths on Library Walk and near Muir (game, food etc.) and it's totally where people are drunk all day, ditch class and drink, drink in class, and just kind of hang out and enjoy the sun. On RIMAC field they set up this tented area where they played techno music, there's those giant inflatable slide/obstacle course, whirley things. It's the best. So yesterday, Cake played, along with Nock-turnal (?), No Use For a Name and Five Crown (which was the battle of the bands winner). It was tons of fun and I think Cake was totally awesome. Julie and Vivian and I hung out with Allan and Ryan and his little sisters. It was all in the name of Sun God fun.

The hard part was that I had to get up at 7am to go to Junior Olympics for CKI. I had to do security and keep the people off the railing and have them sit in the bleachers. I got so much attitude and dirty looks.. not just from the kids, but from the parents. I hate rude people like that, and that early in the morning when I totally could have been sleeping, I just kind of shot it right back at some of them. Dah well... some people just need to learn. And Becca was so funny because she was all like yelling about how they were setting bad examples for the kids. I think the Kiwanians thought we were crazy. I napped, tried to fix my computer (with no luck of course) and eat dinner and watched Ocean's 11 with the roomies. I love that movie.. I think it's so well made and done. It's awesome.. I swear.. I've watched it like 3 times in the past month. (yes.. I do have a life). Now I really do have to clean my room.. but it was good night in. I'm sad that I missed the 70's Disco Water Polo party, but it would have taken way too much out of me. I can't even walk!! My legs are so sore, and from what I don't even know. Probably just running around all of yesterday. *sigh* So that's what's going on with me... how about you?

No comments: