Friday, July 05, 2002

So another fourth of july has come and gone. This one was pretty good. I started out really bummed because I wanted to go up north with Kristen to Ryan's party, and bummed that my parents wouldn't let me... but I guess they saved me from 7 hours in the car. Bummed around the house a little bit and then went out to Whittier to help our at a CKI project. How sad... I'm doing Circle K stuff on the 4th. I felt a little bad because my dad gave me a hard time wanting to go up north and not spend time with him.. but then he let me go to Whittier. So I don't know if it was just that he didn't want me to drive up north, or he just got tired of me not wanting to hang out with him... it made me a little sad.. like I let him down. :( I have this weekend though right? Anyways.. Carrie and I handed out programs, while Manny and Armando directed traffic... ooh.. fun. It was all good we milled around afterwards and then Armando brought Cindy Brigham (the Int'l Pres of CKI) and Chris Zock (a past Int'l Pres), who were in Anaheim for the Key Club ICON, to mingle. Although, we tossed around a lot of inside jokes, and think we might have scared them with our eccentricities.. but I guess we're just too cool for them. hahahah.. jk. Joe showed up with his sis, and we all watched the fireworks, which I really really enjoyed. It totally beats having to watch them from like behind Torrance High where you can only see half the show because my parents didn't want to leave earlier. ghetto... But the fireworks were really good.. haha I almost started crying...duuumb.. Anyways.. then we met up with Nicole and her mom and sis, chit chatted a little and waited for traffic to clear and then we took Chris and Cindy to In N Out.. mm..... I think really it was just an excuse for us to go.. hahaha. Chris is funny as all hell and in conjunction with Mondo's driving almost made Manny crap his pants. hahahah.. It was the funniest thing when Manny refused to go in the Hilton so he wouldn't be mistaken for a Key Clubber and so he told Mondo to go to the Marriott, and Mondo forgot and drove past it, and then had to circle back why Manny threatened to let loose in the back seat while I was totally dying up front. *sigh*.. I guess you just had to be there. But it was good to see Chris and chit chat for a little bit.

ps... thanks Mondo for giving us a ride home .. since SOMEONE else ditched up for her priorities :P

"and i'd gladly stand up, next to you, and defend her still today, cuz there ain't no doubt, i love this land, god bless the usa"

No comments: